Breaks and pads

Reaction score
Just a quick one if anyone can answer,

Need news discs and pads on my audi s3 2015 saloon, just wondering what people would recommend, I don't track the car and dont have and remapps, push it round back roads on a daily basis tho

Trw discs and pads. What I would call oem+.
ferodo performance pads are good too.
would avoid some of the cheaper ecp parts and always look for a coated/painted disc otherwise the hub looks like a rusty mess after a few days.

I'm new to the 8V, but on my 8P and MK1TT (for the last 12 years) i have only installed Zimmerman discs/rotors and Akebono Euro pads. I had both these cars since 2006 and i've had the chance to see the difference between genuine Audi rotors&pads versus the Akebono-Zimmerman combo above.
Zimmerman Coat Z is the line i prefer. There is some zinc coating on these rotors that minimize rust.
https://www.otto-zimmermann.de/en/products/coat-z-coated-brake-discs/
Akebono Euro's Ultra Premium line pads have some ceramic content, if not all ceramic.
Over the genuine pads and rotors, my brake/stopping sensation remained the same, but brake dust was eliminated and same with the rust.
https://akebonobrakes.com/euro
Zimmerman offers the same Coat-Z rotors in slotted and drilled formats too. When i lived in the US, i could find both brands easily. Now, here in the UK, i'm able to get Zimmerman rotors, but not the Akebono. Closest i could find to Akebono in UK market was ATE Ceramic.
Currently, on my 2018 S3, i have Zimmerman-Ate Ceramics intalled in front, and Zimmerman-Akebono Euro Prem. in rear.
Before my current 8V S3, i had a 2.0 TFSI A3 briefly. I meant to update its brakes, but the S3 became available and the 2.0T went away.
From my initial 2.0T ownership days, I have a brand new set of EUR1760 Akebono pads (front) sitting on the shelf here. They don't fit the S3; let me know if anyone would care to buy them from me?
In the rear the S3 brakes were the same as the 2.0T (i mounted the 1761 set, and can't offer that)
With this stuff, i recommend checking the PR code and ordering accordingly. over the years, i have found out that Audi may change the disc diameter between model years.
Below is for the 2018 2.0T i had in the UK.

AKEBONO FrontEUR1760
AKEBONO RearEUR1761

Last edited:
I have a 1.4TFSI A3 and upgraded from 288mm to 312mm discs and pads from Brembo. They brake very good but they have a bit of brake dust. After 200km you can see dust on your rims. But overall very happy with Brembo and it's cheaper than ATE or Zimmerman