Breakers: Recommendations

.Ben.

Reaction score
I need a few oily bits for my car and wondered if you guys could recommend any that are known for supplying good-quality used parts?

I'm in Guildford in Surrey (UK).

I could use Google, but the results are hardly glowing praise for trusted breakers? What I wanted was a couple of reliable sources for oily bits.

I suppose the alternative is use eBay and pay via PayPal so I have some come-back if the parts are defective.

Contacted those 2 sellers... Essentially, I'm after a price on a rear diff.

I was looking at a car with my sister last night (she's wanted one for years! :keule:).

After doing some research on here, I discovered loads about what to look for and how to diagnose issues on the spot. Well, this car needed a diff and it might make sense to get a s/h one. It seemed like a good, solid car with lots of history/ receipts and the guy wanted peanuts for it.

I'm in Guildford in Surrey (UK).

I could use Google, but the results are hardly glowing praise for trusted breakers? What I wanted was a couple of reliable sources for oily bits.

I suppose the alternative is use eBay and pay via PayPal so I have some come-back if the parts are defective.

No come back if using Paypal to purchase used car parts. I found this out the hard way :)

It *might* be worth getting a price from Audi, you might be suprised.

The car needs a new rear diff? Assuming your talking Quattro, I wouldn't touch it unless it was extremely cheap. Problems with the Quattro haldex system can be worse that you think, and there is never a definitive fix.

But if you're still looking for parts, remember to look at TT parts as they share a lot of suspension and running gear