Breakdown cover

audigex

Reaction score
My 3 years free Breakdown Cover has just run out, so I need to renew it.

Audi sent me an AA leaflet, so I assume they've switched to the AA from the RAC, but the AA seems quite expensive. I was considering going with the RAC again

The only thing that occurred to me is that in the original leaflet (3 years ago) it mentioned that the RAC had specific vans for their Audi scheme. I doubt this makes much difference, but it seemed a nice touch. Does it really matter?

Also with my car being a Quattro, is either of these likely to be significantly better than the other for low loader availability? I don't believe Quattro cars can be towed by the regular RAC/AA vans/tow trucks. The original policy mentioned this and said the RAC would know that my car was a Quattro and send the correct vehicle.... is there any way to get something similar with a general RAC/AA policy, or do you just mention it on the phone when you call?

To be honest mate, you will be fine with either, I have had both RAC and AA cover and they have always been able to accomodate me.

I have got AA again and have never had any problems with them.

Been with AA for the last 12 years, and used them previously for my S3 when the gearbox blew up on the M42. They have on board manuals(probably computerized now?) to inform them what they can or can't tow.

Been with AA for the last 12 years, and used them previously for my S3 when the gearbox blew up on the M42. They have on board manuals(probably computerized now?) to inform them what they can or can't tow.

Do they cover Castle Combe mishaps Jo or is that extra cost? :undwech:

Sorry JoJo, I couldnt resist the cheap shot... :) Hows The Swan comming along?

Would be avoiding Rac. 3 hours to send somebody out to look at the car and tell me it needed recovery ( which I told them originally). A further 3 hour wait for a lorry to be greated by a rude driver who told me modified cars should be illegal and then applied the handbrake so hard it was vertical and caused the handbrake to jam solid. Complained and their investigation was a total farce and they washed their hands. Won't be using them ever again once the policy lapses.