1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Break pad sensor

JohnStan725 Nov 8, 2015

1. JohnStan725

JohnStan725 Registered User

Whilst attempting to fit new suspension I accidentally ripped the break pad sensor cable 2 bits came out and how the sensor is always showing on the dash, is there an easy way to fix this? Thought if I bus the cable back in should be okay but no luck! Any advise will be appreciated! Does it require a whole new sensor?

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. <tuffty/>

<tuffty/> Badger 5 Edition...Its all about the flow... Staff Member Moderator

You just twist the wires together and job done... normally have to do this for performance pads as they don't come with pad wear sensors

<tuffty/>

4. JohnStan725

That's a relief, so just crimp the two wires together do they not have to connect to the sensor? Two wires come off the break pad then connect to a rubber bit on the sensor do I connect them together then push it back into the sensor?

5. <tuffty/>

<tuffty/> Badger 5 Edition...Its all about the flow... Staff Member Moderator

I normally cut the old plug off a pad and twist the wires together... then plug it into the original wiring plug..

Depends were you have ripped it off from

<tuffty/>

6. JohnStan725

Tuffty thanks again! I will attempt this next weekend any issues I'll upload a pic of it and hopefully you can help many thanks!

7. ayfreetee

ayfreetee Registered User

Get new pads, they're cheap enough if you are using standard pads.

8. JohnStan725

Got some crummy aftermarket ones squeal like mad! Any you recommend?