Break-in Alarm

DotNetDude

Reaction score
Had a weird thing happen last night. I went to the car on the passenger side with the key in my pocket (I have the enhanced key/keyless entry), and pulled on the door handle to open the door. Instead of the door opening, the alarm went off! I quickly got the key out of my pocket and hit the unlock button, at which point the alarm switched off and the car unlocked.

I've just been out to play with the car, and tried many combinations (with the car locked) of putting my hand in the handle and opening it, with the key in various locations around the car, trying to replicate the situation. In all cases, depending on how close the key is, either the door simply stays locked/shut, or it unlocks/opens, as would be expected. Really bizarre...

Completely random. Anybody else had this?

Additionally, a few minutes after the alarm went off, I got a "Theft & location" notification from the MyAudi app saying "Audi A6 Avant has triggered a Break-in alarm". I quite like that, however if I was miles away with no access to the car, I would probably start worrying about what might be happening.