Break caliper?

jbssound

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me why my callipers are so big compared to my friends who have the same car only noticed because of painting. Are my callipers aftermarket?

Attachments

• 1A309685-74AB-42AD-82C5-024A743FF573.jpeg
    1A309685-74AB-42AD-82C5-024A743FF573.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 197
The same question asked of others for years and years and years: "why are yours/his/hers bigger than mine"... :whistle2:

Can anyone tell me why my callipers are so big compared to my friends who have the same car only noticed because of painting. Are my callipers aftermarket?

Not sure on the size thing but whoever painted you callipers probably shouldn’t do it again. Painted over the link pipes, bleed nipples, rubber nipple covers, etc. that should’ve been masked and protected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They’re not S4 calipers, though they look like the b8 S4 calipers. It could just be the colour that makes them look bigger? What engine size is it?

They’re not S4 calipers, though they look like the b8 S4 calipers. It could just be the colour that makes them look bigger? What engine size is it?

Just walked past a neighbours A5 that had the same looking callipers on what I believe is a 2.0T. It seems that at some point they stuck these on the cars but I don’t know what engine/drivetrain combo instigates it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: smog c6
I got the same callipers as yours so it’s not aftermarket, there just everyday small brakes.
More importantly what’s going on with the paint job.

Reactions: Daggerit
It’s only a 2.0 diesel but I’m not sure why there are not fitted to all models with the same engine and spec and as for the paint job I didn’t even realise it was bad until pointed out by you guys but what’s more crazy is I love the way they look lol even though it’s not done right I’ve even had complements haha

Reactions: smog c6 and Daggerit
those calipers are from the 252HP version of A4.

Refer to the table below.