A4duffer

Reaction score
Hi everyone i have run into a bit of bother, on my 2007 2.0ltr, 170bhp A4 Avant. I had the dreaded low oil pressure warning light pop up then almost instantly an engine that sounded like a bag of spanners.

So new engine time!!

I bought an engine with correct code and with 61K on the clock from a scrappy in Sheffield that was originally advertised on ebay for £900, i can no longer get hold of him as it has disappeared from my ebay account and in turn they are as much use as a chocolate fire guard to try to contact him as it was a few months ago. After upgrading the oil pump, new turbo (as mine strangely didnt fit?) new cambelt and water pump, filters and DMF clutch. My mechanic fitted it but noticed the spline drive was different as if from an automatic (but there are no 170BHP auto's am i right) so replaced the bearing. He went to turn it over and nothing. He located the problem to the loom to the injectors, so he swapped out this for my old loom. He then noticed this would not fit the injectors as different connection. So thought he would use my injectors from original engine, these did not fit the new engine. somebody has supplied me an engine with the cover changed so it appears to be a BRD engine. This obviously answers why the turbo did not fit and why it will not start. The ECU in my car will not talk to the injectors as it a different engine. What can i please do next? i am already into this repair for £2100.

Can i reprogram my ECU if so i will need to find out what the new engine is supplied to me, how do i do this please? Or is there any other ideas. As tempted as i am, I can't even sell this new engine on as i do not know what it is and i am not a tosser and just sell something not right on as i do have morals.

Many thanks in advance for your help, cheers

Rich the A4Duffer :icon thumright: