Coding session today with @DJAlix, thank you very much for your help.

- Lock double chirp turned on
- Unlock single chirp turned on
- VIM activated,
- Adjusted boot opening time on key press
- DRL in MMI &
- Distance control for ACC in MMI.

Also the first person from the forum I've met in person. It was a real pleasure to meet you and chat about coding and cars, and it was certainly interesting to see VCP in action.

Shall have to add that to my Santa list I think.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Can you explain? DRL in MMI and ACC in MMI? Was the person you used a friend or a professional from the forum? I wanted to get the video in motion for the kids to watch from the back seats.
Thanks in advance.

Can you explain? DRL in MMI and ACC in MMI? Was the person you used a friend or a professional from the forum? I wanted to get the video in motion for the kids to watch from the back seats.
Thanks in advance.

AAC is so is does not default to standard distance. It remembers the last setting.

DRL is so you can turn DRL lights on and off in MMI

Reactions: france71
AAC is so is does not default to standard distance. It remembers the last setting.

DRL is so you can turn DRL lights on and off in MMI

Thanks that's clearer.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Great photos @Brasso. How are you finding the car after a couple of years of ownership?

Mine will have an identical colour combo but with black black black interior and similar spec once I collect it! This thread makes the wait harder!

Any modifications that you’d not be without?

The cars great. Still loving it - but getting time to think about what it is replaced with. And as I'm in the UK not convinced by the new diesels - but will reserve judgement until I have driven one. May move away from 4 rings as not that enamoured with current range beyond the A4/S4, although I might consider A6

The car is inmodified mainly due to family commitments so other things to spend my money.

Done less miles in it than I expected but that was as a result of change in roles at work so only about 18k so far.

Was worried I didn't go with adaptive suspension but ride is great and to be honest it's not something I have missed. Also having always had upgraded audio thought I might miss that but again not missed it found standard audio to be fine for me.

Tyres have worn well and plenty of grip - for me anyway.

Very happy with the purchase overall, glad I changed from the S3. Would not want to go back.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Keef
Music to my ears. Thanks.

Having missed the boat on a factory Petrol and not wanting to wait for lead time (or the soundtrack!) the S4 TDi I struggled to find one nearly new with some important options that I (and the Mrs) wanted (needed). I’ve found what I wanted, wheels option 5 spoke V, red callipers, Navarra, black on black with piano black inlays, (all me) flat bottom steering wheel (me:tall) VC and Matrix, (me) along with the necessary RV camera (Mrs) and Ext LED interior (Mrs:bling).

It means a car covering only 7.5k and lots off list price but no Adaptive Suspension or B&O so like I said, music to my ears (me: pun intended).

Are you still on original tyres after 18k?!

Cheers again.

So after 3 years of ownership the S4 is going back to Audi. Significant negative equity on the deal so nothing to get back for a trade in - and given the chat with the salesman it seems this is quite a problem for them at the moment - but that should mean some opportunity second hand I suppose.

I've enjoyed owning the car and its certainly done everything I have wanted it to, lugging kids stuff, the dog and my wife and I around the country - while putting a smile on my face when needed. The car was a real sleeper and certainly caused me less heart ache than my previous S3 when parking it up.

Paintwork certainly stood up well with the protection applied from new.

1 Set of tyres and 1 service during the 20k of ownership pretty good given the performance.

Would I buy another - no. Spec for spec I'd be paying alot more for a lesser car given the current options that can be ordered - well when I checked back in October that was the case. And the biggest factor for me was not wanting to go diesel.

I'm just in the process of changing jobs so haven't decided on what I want next - but it's unlikely to be an Audi :disappointed: Just not feeling the love for anything in the range at the moment - well nothing that I'd be splashing out for given an RS6 is still a dream car and much more than I'd be comfortable spending.

Plenty of time over Christmas to consider what I want to drive next.

So after 3 auidi's on the bounce thats it from me for now. I Will keep an eye on the forums but from Monday the Audi is gone.

All the best

Brasso.

Reactions: Bristle Hound, Jcbmally, scotty76 and 1 other person
So after 3 years of ownership the S4 is going back to Audi. Significant negative equity on the deal so nothing to get back for a trade in - and given the chat with the salesman it seems this is quite a problem for them at the moment - but that should mean some opportunity second hand I suppose.

I've enjoyed owning the car and its certainly done everything I have wanted it to, lugging kids stuff, the dog and my wife and I around the country - while putting a smile on my face when needed. The car was a real sleeper and certainly caused me less heart ache than my previous S3 when parking it up.

1 Set of tyres and 1 service during the 20k of ownership pretty good given the performance.

Would I buy another - no. Spec for spec I'd be paying alot more for a lesser car given the current options that can be ordered - well when I checked back in October that was the case. And the biggest factor for me was not wanting to go diesel.

I'm just in the process of changing jobs so haven't decided on what I want next - but it's unlikely to be an Audi :disappointed: Just not feeling the love for anything in the range at the moment - well nothing that I'd be splashing out for given an RS6 is still a dream car and much more than I'd be comfortable spending.

So after 3 auidi's on the bounce thats it from me for now. I Will keep an eye on the forums but from Monday the Audi is gone.

All the best

Brasso.
Three years :sign omg: where does the time go!! Glad to hear you enjoyed your time with the S4, and look forward to hearing your next move.

Reactions: scotty76
Agree with @SPIKE_S3 is that 3 years already? :)

Interesting to hear the S4 is still ticking the same boxes. I think in a couple of words "fast Dadmobile". It's why I bought mine albeit a 2014 B8.5. Come January I need to evaluate whether to keep mine as it gets used 1 day a week but I'm quite attached to it.

Be interested to see what's next for you.

Good luck mate.

Seems the RS6 is still adorning top spot on many a Christmas wish list.

Keep us posted on the next move.

Good luck with the new journey.
I remember back late 2016 when we were all waiting for delivery. I must say that it was worth the wait and I have not got bored with the car at all. Mine is also 3 years old next week and I’ve decided to keep it for another year as nothing (in my price range) takes my fancy. Having a remap has made it even more desirable to me. Tried the new S4 but........no thanks.

Reactions: S19 MYD and Simonwhite2000

All the best

Brasso.

Know exactly what you mean. Almost nothing of interest now in Audis range bar a few RS models. My S5 goes back end of July, although I'm open to an early return if I find THE next car, but I literally have no clue what's next. S cars going diesel rules them all out and having driven the new S4 it only solidified my opinion. Was almost tempted by an A7 55tfsi on a great deal but dashboard rattles in my wifes new A6 put me off. Especially given this seems to be a common occurrence.
Looked at the new M340 but cant get my head around why they made a 320d look so much better from the back. Plus it just lacked that bit of something special.
X3M offers have caught a lot of people's eye but the bone jarring ride and strangled exhaust note ruled out an early return on the S5.
Any new sports car now simply doesn't sound good thanks to the EU and the new filters plus they've made it hard to fit an aftermarket exhaust so I'm considering going for a more luxury orientated car or dare I say it an SUV. But it's unlikely to be an Audi.

Reactions: S19 MYD
Great still to follow on here so thought I’d post an update to the car situation. After a year without a second car decided what I’m going to replace with S4 with. Just ordered a GR Yaris, fancied something completely different and this fitted the bill perfectly.

One and only benefit of COVID for me not having to commute to work so there’s been no requirement for a second car but as things will change again next year decided it was time for something new.

Reactions: wab172uk, Jcbmally, SiPie and 1 other person
Great still to follow on here so thought I’d post an update to the car situation. After a year without a second car decided what I’m going to replace with S4 with. Just ordered a GR Yaris, fancied something completely different and this fitted the bill perfectly.

One and only benefit of COVID for me not having to commute to work so there’s been no requirement for a second car but as things will change again next year decided it was time for something new.
Great wee car, @wab172uk has ordered one and they sound like a real hoot. I'm sure you'll enjoy it mate but remember the rules :thumbs up:

Reactions: wab172uk

Nice to see someone else has ordered a GR Yaris. What spec did you go for? I went Red with Circuit Pack.

In build now, and should arrive 6th Feb. Waiting till 1st march to collect.

What date have you been given for delivery?

Reactions: Jcbmally
Nice to see someone else has ordered a GR Yaris. What spec did you go for? I went Red with Circuit Pack.

In build now, and should arrive 6th Feb. Waiting till 1st march to collect.

What date have you been given for delivery?

Black with Circuit pack, really undecided on colour before I ordered as all look great, but never had a black car so it won out. No delivery date confirmed yet but expecting May/ June

Still, I'm in no rush. The test drive was epic. So really looking forward to it arriving.

Reactions: Jcbmally
Black with Circuit pack, really undecided on colour before I ordered as all look great, but never had a black car so it won out. No delivery date confirmed yet but expecting May/ June

Still, I'm in no rush. The test drive was epic. So really looking forward to it arriving.

Cool. Black does look nice. Will look great with either White or Gold wheels.

Thought about Black myself, but having owned a few Black cars before, you need to wash them a lot to keep them looking nice. Don't have the time to wash my cars that often now.

Gazoo racing are doing additional parts for the Yaris. Already have my eye on the new front splitter, and side skirts. Will probably stick a more tuneful exhaust on it too. Might change the wheel colours to a Gold / Bronze type too.

I never got a test drive due to Tier 3 restrictions. Don't think I'll get one any time either.

Reactions: Brasso and Jcbmally