brand new Audi A5 metallic paint and I think iv messed the car up scratches all over?

esaelias

Reaction score
I am not sure when it happened I had a car wash maybe two or three times (hand car wash where they use a sponge and a kerchher etc) I have only applied the autoglym super resin polish once (sponge in circular motions then buff using micro fibre to make it shine)

now all over the car I car see swirl scratches under light I just don't understand what I have done? was it the car wash was it me? they all seem superficial scruffs all over... I mean its a month old car what could have happened?

I have washed it myself but I used a sponge to clean it

Dont use a sponge Dont USE a by hand car wash.....damage is done and the only way you'll get the paint back to scratch free is by using a dual action polisher ....buy yourself a polishing kit via Santa its a doddle to do repair paint defects like your car has...Youtube is your friend loads of tutorials on the subject....Forensic detailing channel is my fave

Reactions: daytonamart, V6_Man and Adam14
Car paint carnage .

1. A car wash place has all the dirt and grit trapped in their sponges from previous cars because they don't give a flying flannel .

2. A ******* sponge .

Reactions: Adam14
hi sorry for the confusion to wash the car I used a wash mitt this one:

Amazon product

microfibre wash mitt

none the less there are a lot of scratches all over like Swirls.... was it the super resin who knows..... most likely the car wash can I take action most likely not

found. a detailer who said he can fix the car for 200 I guess ill pay that eventually

Take it to a professional, not just ANY detailler..!!!!
Don’t even bother taking it anywhere to be repaired until you KNOW that they are the best and that their clientele drive VERY expensive vehicles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Take it to a professional, not just ANY detailler..!!!!
Don’t even bother taking it anywhere to be repaired until you KNOW that they are the best and that their clientele drive VERY expensive vehicles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi,

The advice is never, never use one of the hand wash outfits as very few wash out the mitts and buckets, or bother to keep the area clean and dirt free.
If you don’t want swirls, avoid hand washes, and maybe consider cleaning the car yourself following the two bucket method, buy a quality mitt, a drying towel, and use decent polish or sealant after preparing the car first.

I would seek a professional to get the paintwork sorted as they can machine polish the car and make it look better than when you first got the car. And maybe offer you a deal on getting the car ceramic coated at the same time. I can say that with personal experience as after looking after my cars myself for years I decided to have my new car, a metallic black Q2 ceramic coated by a local detailer, who now washes the car for me every month. Maybe a bit extreme and not cheap, but the car looks amazing, and not a swirl mark to be seen.

Good luck

Reactions: surfer8210