Facelift Brand new Audi A3 with gear malfunction, please stop the vehicle and select P.

M Tahir Aziz

Reaction score
I bought this car few months ago but did not use it but after every 15 days From the day i bought this car I used to ignite it and let it b there for good 15-20 mins. Now yesterday I saw a sign of gear malfunction and select P, the car did not move at all so I had to load this car to an Audi show room. This is a brand new car I don’t understand what would have happened

if you have ignited it, it will never work again!

No I took it to the audi technitian and he did that and they called me few hours ago telling me the car isn’t responding to the 1st and 4th gear. Its a brand new car with just 150 miles and I haven’t used it for 4 months, how come a problem like this occur

Perhaps you should just reject it.

Also, I believe starting the car up and letting it run is not good for it. It's also poor for the environment and illegal in parts of the UK.

The car felt rejected because it wasn't driven for 4 months so it decided to throw a tantrum... :whistle2:

What did audi say though? And unfortunately things just break at times even if they are brand new.

Reactions: AlS3BE and Kondax
From my personal experience, the worst way to treat a car, old or new, is to not use it. Of course, it could be a fault which may have shown up immediately after delivery but you'll never know now. Hopefully Audi will sort it out for you but, when they do, I'd strongly recommend that you give it a decent run, at least once a week.

Best of luck,

Martin.

My a4 was also imobilised with the same error message after being just over one month old. Turned out the parking solenoid had failed thus the failsafe prevented any gears from being selected, relatively easy fix..

My a4 was also imobilised with the same error message after being just over one month old. Turned out the parking solenoid had failed thus the failsafe prevented any gears from being selected, relatively easy fix..
Yeah I did read ur thread, I like the way you were giving each detail on that particular thread. It was really helpful

Reactions: cuke2u
From my personal experience, the worst way to treat a car, old or new, is to not use it. Of course, it could be a fault which may have shown up immediately after delivery but you'll never know now. Hopefully Audi will sort it out for you but, when they do, I'd strongly recommend that you give it a decent run, at least once a week.

Best of luck,

Martin.
Yeah, every one at audi said the same thing. I just wanted to start using it for my wedding day which is in November but I guess I have to start using it once I get it back

The car felt rejected because it wasn't driven for 4 months so it decided to throw a tantrum... :whistle2:

What did audi say though? And unfortunately things just break at times even if they are brand new.
They haven’t called me yet but they just said there might be a reason that rats would have cut the wires hahaha