brakes...

nobbybonez

Reaction score
hi,

i need to change front and rear pads on my '01 s3 standard brake setup

eurocarprats are showing three options for fronts, would anyone be able to help me order the correct part please? surely they could work it out from the reg? :help:

many thanks

nobby

The only choice i can think of is on the pads, with or without a pad wear sensor. The discs i thought were all straight forward.

thats what i would have thought.
there are four options, two without sensor. i'll exclude these, which leaves:

Brake System Teves
Height [mm]54,7
Number of Wear Indicators1
Thickness [mm]19,7
Warning Contact Length [mm]145
Wear Warning ContactWith integrated wear sensor
Weight [kg]1,9
Width [mm]146
Fitting PositionFront

or:

Brake SystemTeves
Fitting Kit107770028
Height [mm]74,2
Thickness [mm]20,6
Warning Contact Length [mm]145
Wear Warning ContactWith integrated wear sensor
Width [mm]156,3
Fitting PositionFront

hmmm, all 74mm height on gsf, good call. think i'll try the bottom of the specs i posted and see what happens...
not sure how they can come up with a 20mm difference in size for the same vehicle though...:confusion:

I imagine that other is for a 1.6 a3 an such like with it being smaller. Yep go for the bottom one im sure its right :)

well, went for the bottom ones, brembo discs and pads all round for £171 with a code. best i could do at carparts4less was £191.

thanks all for your help, now just the matter of changing them all out...
place bets now on what else we will find whilst doing it?

Best to give the system some fresh fluid whilst your at it, but don't forget to bleed the clutch and master cylinder.

cheers finger, was not aware of that one. cv had just popped off somehow, cable tie required, but cheers for tip, i expect audi use better rubber than chinaboots.
on the plus side, MOT passed, straight through, no advisories. happy days....:rockwoot: