Brakes wont bleed.....

cclarke184

Reaction score
Has anyone got any ideas or experianced why my brakes wont bleed, i have tried pumping the peddle 30 times and opening the bleed nipple until the excess fluid escapes. i have done this many times and i still have no brakes.
This only started when i tried to bleed the system as a routine maintenance, i dont believe its is a component failure.
Any ideas would be greatfully recieved others wise i'll be taking it into HWM Audi in the morning.

Cheers

Chris

nothing to do with the ABS unit holding the fluid, and needing the engine running???? someone have any ideas on that?

Bleed the clutch master cylinder first then bleed brakes as follows, O/S/R, N/S/R, N/S/F, O/S/F try this. These brakes should be bleed at pressure of 2bar to lift the seats in the abs control system. But try above manualy first.

If you have been pumping out the fluid you can put air into the clutch system which in return puts it back into the brake master cylinder. TRUST ME, try it

you may have blown the master cylinder they have weak seals and are not cheap to replace its best to pressure bleed them

Well Chris, did you manage to bleed your brakes in the end?

If so what procedure worked for you.....

Last time I did this I used a pressure bleeder, but I'm sure others will be interested to hear your findings.

mine still aren't bled /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif they work so I assume its not the master cylinder seals but I think the ABS has still air in it. I tried going out and jumping on the peddle to get the ABS to work and while it did fine, it occured to me that it isnt going to help as it wont actually be pushing the fluid anywhere unless the bleed nipples are open and I aint that brave LOL. I have finally got round to ordering the VAGcom lead so I will try to cycle the ABS unit with that and the nipples open. Sadly it wont be here for this weekends Scottish run.