Brakes upgrade 1.4 tfsi 185bhp

Ryan freeman

Reaction score
hi , I need a little help with deciding or recommending on what to do , I've noticed my brakes are starting to come nearer to the end so I'm looking at replacing the discs and pads with performance ones , can anyone recommend a brand or where From ? Also is it possible to get larger discs without having to alter anything ? For a 1.4 twincharged a1

Much appreciated

Plain larger diameter discs with a larger caliper carrier if you can . And EBC Redstuff pads .

Look out for a set of S1 brakes ??

Could you recommend anywhere or would euros do them ? , and I did look into it but it's finding an s1 that no longer needs them

Europarts do normal discs and brakes as well as performance ones. Also, they have different sizes that will fit your car. I think 312mm is the largest and 248mm is the smallest. Can't remember the exact numbers but it's all on euro website :)

I looked at buying the brembo max discs, they are grooved and vented but seemed unnecessary for the driving I do.

Just fitted an OEM set front and rear with OEM pads and the brakes were amazingly good from installation; now with 200-miles on 'em they're brilliant and certainly put those on my RS3 to shame...

P1030494x

Goes without saying that brake discs and calipers have been prepared with POR15 clear; bye bye rust... :yahoo: