Brakes for S3. Please help. I can't decide.

khoughton88

Reaction score
Hello all,

I've recently been in contact with the brake god (Dave b) about a brake upgrade on my 2012 s3, Only problem is I can not decide which route to go down, my choices are;

- Audi ttrs/rs3 kit & upgrade mc from dave in few months, is the pedal travel that bad with standard mc or could I cope for couple months on standard mc?
- 996tt calipers with 350mm drilled discs & custom carriers.
- Audi r8 rear calipers with the 350mm drilled discs & custom carriers

Please help, with pro & cons of all & any experice with these kits
icon_e_smile.gif

I will hardly track car. Maybe once a year, mainly fast road. I'm after a bbk as I don't think the oem ones are good enough if I'm going to stage 2+ in near future.

They will be under 18" bbs ch so plenty of room :)

Help would be greatly appreciated.

Not as much response on this forum mate, :whistle2:

Tbh if you're using your vehicle for mainly road use most of what you suggest is probably overkill. A set of decent pads / discs should suffice for what you need. I have EBC, not saying they're the best but they are an improvement over OEM and suit my purposes fine

Hello all,

I've recently been in contact with the brake god (Dave b) about a brake upgrade on my 2012 s3, Only problem is I can not decide which route to go down, my choices are;

- Audi ttrs/rs3 kit & upgrade mc from dave in few months, is the pedal travel that bad with standard mc or could I cope for couple months on standard mc?
- 996tt calipers with 350mm drilled discs & custom carriers.
- Audi r8 rear calipers with the 350mm drilled discs & custom carriers

Please help, with pro & cons of all & any experice with these kits
icon_e_smile.gif

I will hardly track car. Maybe once a year, mainly fast road. I'm after a bbk as I don't think the oem ones are good enough if I'm going to stage 2+ in near future.

They will be under 18" bbs ch so plenty of room :)

Help would be greatly appreciated.

You already know my views from the other forum!

i had an s3 8p with uprated discs & pads before, i didnt like it, complete waste of time & money in my opinion. the s3 should have 4pots as standard instead of 1pots! :)

I've done rs4 disks and Calipers. It makes an amazing difference. Dooooooo. It:blow: