Brake upgrade

benky

Reaction score
Hi,

Last year I bought brake calipers with discs for an upgrade and didn't have time until now for this.
The brakes suppose to come from Audi A8 D4 4.2TDI as discs are 360mm (4e0 615 301) and calipers from the donor (A8).

Now, I need to replace my brakes and I almost bought EBC slotted discs with yellow stuff in OEM size (320mm) and decided to give a try and found out how much work it is to put those A8's on my car.

Do someone have experience or some advice about what is needed for the upgrade as I have only discs and calipers. I hope that 18" wheels can go over it.

Later I will introduce my car in a thread. A4 B8 Avant 3.0TDI CAPA stage1.

Thanks

Great car - I have the 2009 Demo version with Stage 1 - awesome.

18 inch wheels should fit over 360mm brakes dependent on the size of the caliper. I would take a wheel off and pull your caliper and existing disc to see what needs doing. Usually the issue is with offsets of the disc so it may foul with stuff and then whether the caliper carrier mounting points are spaced correctly.

Didn't have time to mount calipers from A8 but based on experiences found online A8 calipers can be mounted without any adapter. I have checked catalog for discs dimensions and there is a difference 7.2mm in discs offset.

360mmm Thumb

That means that I will need to put 7.2mm spacer under the 360mm to fit the calipers assuming that caliper position is identical for both (OEM and A8)?

Yes, they fit, but you have to modify the cover plates because the disks are bigger and are couple of mm more inside.
Also check if you will need spacers for the wheels. 18 inch is the thr minimum diameter