Brake upgrade

joinerman

Reaction score
I want to upgrade the front brakes on my 54 reg b6, i have 18" S line wheels on, what discs do i need as when ordering parts the ask for chassis number, obviously i would end up with disks for a 17" wheel.

Brakes don't come to rim size the problems that come are when you upgrade to a bigger disk. I've done the fronts on mine dimpled and grooved. I also had a full set on my IS200, all discs and supplied by mtec. I went on their site and there was two different pad styles, gave them a call and they told me which set to go for, and they were bang on. I think I only went for mintex pads £22 ish with mtecs own disc I think they may have been £72 but they work really well together and everyone complained about mintex squeal but I haven't had an issue at all

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Here's a pic of the fronts
a7b4555b2e240147d9001ff9b2222097.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I'm selling a full kit: 356mm 2-piece drilled discs, 8-pistons calipers, EBC redstuff brake pads, and brake lines..
Practically new(car did less then 600 miles on them before removing them).
Located in the Netherlands, but can be posted!
nzgfa8.jpg

It depends how big you want to go.
If you have 288mm front discs you can install 312mm simply by swapping the carriers and using same calipers.
It has been reported to make a great braking improvement. I can only imagine with drilled and dimpled rotors to be that much better..

I installed s4 brakes on mine with drilled grooved discs and brembo pads.
I absolutely love the stopping power it has.
On a normal drive you cannot feel the difference. But in case you need to do an emergency braking you'll be more than happy with the bite it has.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Best bang for the buck and more than enough for 300hp - B7/C6 tfsi or 3.0tdi brakes, 320mm front, 288mm rear, stock rotors and pads.

Reactions: DieselJake