Brake Upgrade???

Philip_98

Does any body know if the Q5 brembos are a direct fitment for the b8 a4?

Cheers,

junchen

Yes they are. I had the oem q5 3.0tdi 4 pot brembo on my a4 b8. Runs like a dream. You need to order s4 rotors (345mm) and matching oem brembo pads (not s4 pads).

Philip_98

Perfect, cheers

Slackworth

Better still go for Yellowstuff pads :D

There is a 320mm Brembo option as well if you want to keep costs a little lower as the S4 caliper carriers are quite expensive. Depends what you're starting with though.

Skard

Interested to know for sure if these larger (345mm disc) calipers clear the OEM S4 18" wheels with ET43 - anyone know?

Philip_98

would be looking for the direct replacement so assume that would be the 320mm option?

Slackworth

Standard S4 345mm discs will clear a 17" rim so an 18" should easily be fine.

As for 320mm being a direct swap, it depends what you have now. Can you have a look at your data sticker and find the code starting 1L and tell us what the third letter is?

Skard

I have 345's, I mean the bulkier caliper fowling the rim spokes. Anyone got these calipers and 18s?

Philip_98

front brakes are 320mm 1LA

Skard

Sorry for taking this topic sideways a little, but I just used a template I found for the larger versions and it definitely hits the spoke on my OEM ET47 18's

39d95ff91dfdf5bda68b36275d4c949c.jpg

Philip_98

Perfect cheers!!

Jeebsy

Sorry to bump an old thread but there's some 320mm Q5 Brembos for sale near me and the temptation is strong.

I have 1LA brakes so the Q5 calipers should be a straight bolt on from what i've read, obviously they look a lot nicer than the B8 3.0 TDI calipers, but would there be any performance improvement? I don't drive especially fast and only drive on the road, obviously I don't need upgraded brakes, but four pot would be better than two...?

@desertstorm there were a couple of other threads you talked about these, any thoughts?