BRAKE (Upgrade) Mov'IT or TAROX

DTYME83

Reaction score
I am going to be upgrading m y brakes tomorrow. Has anyone had experience with either Mov'IT or Tarox?
Brembo don't actually do a kit for the S1 yet. At present I am leaning towards the Tarox setup
DTYME83

The tarox kit is the same part number for a3 1.8t so can't see why the brembo kit wouldn't fit the s1. I had two 6pot tarox setups in the past and couldn't fault them.. Caliper to wheel clearance is my biggest concern

Thanks for the advice. I did try to find a been I kit but just keep hitting a brick wall. What are your thoughts on Mov'IT. @shakey_hand_man

Haven't got any experience with them.. I'm at Revo this weekend so will ask if anything is in the pipeline

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431169093409621

Fitting has commenced
DTYME83

Yes. Will post a picture when I get my car back tomorrow
DTYME83

cf703373cbaf32d19ff3ed233662d9a7.jpg

Car is all done and ready for collection
DTYME83

Reactions: kevin lewis, xpoweruk and Ian Whiffen
That looks like some serious stopping power you will be flying forward in your seats. Just watch your head on the steering wheel lol

Reactions: DTYME83
2d69be0880c85b6752ff6549cbefa85d.jpg

Brakes have been upgraded, got to go back in a couple of months for the rears, but the car is now ready to accept more power
DTYME83

Reactions: kevin lewis and xpoweruk
Very smart :) How much do the calipers cost? I couldn't see them on this page.

Now treat her to a set of Michelin Pilot Super Sports to cope with the extra power ;)

The front brake setup come to £1198, just waiting for the rears to released.

That's not a bad price if they're considerably better than the stock setup. Did you go for Strada or Corsa pads?

No, not yet. It's completely standard.

Like I said in the other thread, Esure won't insure a 30%+ power upgrade so I have to wait it out until my renewal in September and then see what the quotes are like with other companies.

Which power upgrade are you going with? Revo?

Have they given you an ETA?

I'm chickening out of the TD1 saga and going to MTM, ABT or DTUK.

It's doesn't matter what way you go Audi will know despite what people might say about the tuning boxes being undetectable. No eta on when APR will be releasing the map.
DTYME83

@DTYME83 how are the brakes going? Keep finding myself looking at RS calipers!