Brake system warning failure s3 8l help please

tubby

Reaction score
Hi my misses s3 8l 2001 has intermitantly throwing this brake failure warning big red light abs and traction light with 3 beeps now after doing the suspension bushes steering wheel was out of align with traction light on.but since having this aligned and lights out had the reset done this brake failure warning light on every journey mainly when turning or hitting bumps etc done all the normal brake fluid levels and connections on cap there is no actual indication of any driving/ breaking faults just the light.when codes cleared and replaced checked I get numerous codes 01130 01542 00812 00778 I've checked the abs module plug ok fuses on battery ok if I clear codes I get back 01130 and 00778 as soon as the failure lights come back on any input would be nice

Hi can anyone shed any light on this im desperate to get fixed the wife's chewing my ear..I have checked data on the steering wheel angle sensor and it reads ok there is a difference from lock to lock.

No lights on dash driving along then the warning symbol abs especially and traction on turn off car rental start ok again till you do a right turn sometimes just a normal turn or a bump comes on

Well from the errors you provided and the links I showed you (would be good to read the links) it could be many things...

Sounds like you have some kind of scanner. Use that again to double check what codes return AFTER the error occurs again. Punch hose in to the Ross tech website using their search function.

That should help narrow down your suspected faults

The codes that return are the 01130 don't give much info apart from possible module /interference!! and the steering angle sensor 00778 no communication but on the snap on scanner it reads ok!! But if left longer yaw sensor throws a code and brake pressure release both intermitant !! I suspect module playing up or the steering sensor intermitant no signal

have you gone through the "possible solutions" as per the links?
check each possible solution to strike off that possibility

if your yaw sensor is throwing a code. probably best to replace. once these F up your ABS can be triggered without warning and could end up in serious harm

if you suspect sensors are intermittent - check the plug. unplug and plug in again...

I have been through them 01130 leads me to replace abs module.my understanding is all this codes all come back to module.but before changing that as a lot of work and money I'll check k the connection speed on sensors etc if still doing I think another module used one I guess are these plug and play or need coding many thanks Steve

Reactions: IPG
Yaw = plug and play

Yeah best idea. Start with the smaller easier to fix things first