Brake Retaining Spring!

Dani_B19

Audi-sports own special child.
Reaction score
Just a quick question! I'm painting my brakes tomorrow but i cant rember wether it was a pain in the **** to get the front retaining spring off or not? So is it easy or not, i'm sure i had aright tow with it last time! :think:

easy enough to get off, more of a pig to get back on :)

Just hook a screwdriver under the bit where it goes into the caliper. Pliers are needed to get it back on though and be prepared to touch up where you scratch it putting it back on...

So its just acase of pushing them back in with pliers? Im sure i had to get my mate todo it last time haha

I hooked one in first making sure the bit that fits on the carrier was in place then pull it around until the other side is hooked under and while using pliers to hook it in the hole, push in the centre of the spring and it should go in. Once it has at least got caught in the hole a gentle tap should seat it properly..

Its a tricky little job but you should be able to do it with pliers and a little perseverance

gl :)

<tuffty/>

Cheers cheif, i remember what i did now, don't laugh! i tried forcing the outside of the spring into the caliper if you get me, managed todo one side, tried todo the other and it wouldn't have it, thats when my mate stepped in, i felt aright t**t :redface:haha. Won't make the same mistake:)