Brake pressure worse after stage 2 custom map?

Nathxn__

Reaction score
Before I start I love the re map car pulls very well, the only issue I’m facing is before I took it in the brake pedal was great, lovely braking force right from the top, now I only get good brakes near the bottom of the pedal? All pads are fine...The engine also hunts on idle when the air con is on and didn’t before..

Anyone had similar issues or have any advice of things I can check.

Thanks!

Thanks for the reply mate, thing is it was all smoke tested all ok, perhaps something has failed after being on the dyno.

It can happen yeah... smoke test is only 0.5psi pressure... when you start putting 18-22psi through it that will find weak points pretty quickly

<tuffty/>

Reactions: Nathxn__
Right I changed this one valve way and the brakes feel back to how they were

Attachments

• 99A490EA-9608-415B-8DB1-89C376A8A01E.jpeg
    99A490EA-9608-415B-8DB1-89C376A8A01E.jpeg
    124.5 KB · Views: 223
This sounds painfully familiar. :(

If you get ANY sense of a misfire after this, PLEASE drive carefully and get your car mapped again.

I'm currently footing the bill for a bent rod. The car I bought was mapped, had poor brake bite, popped in a one way valve (in the inlet to servo line) that was missing and sorted the brakes. Which then resulted in it over boosting and a bending rod.

Right I changed this one valve way and the brakes feel back to how they were

Don’t suppose you’ve got the part number for the valve? Or did you just use an aftermarket one?

Oh mate that does not sound good! Thankyou for the information

Hi mate no I don’t unfortunately I got the replacement off a local breaker, you can pick em up off eBay though

Reactions: warren9022
Can admin please delete this thread of no longer needed.
Thanks

What’s the point in that ? If you leave the thread alone it might be of use to people in the future with the same issues, kind of the whole point of the forum
Can admin please delete this thread of no longer needed.
Thanks

Reactions: Nathxn__ and Alex C
Hey fella’s my problem seems to be back I know remapping reveals cracks and it shouldnt cause any issues like this..but I’m just so confused as the brakes were perfect before it was done :-( something has probably failed

Before I start I love the re map car pulls very well, the only issue I’m facing is before I took it in the brake pedal was great, lovely braking force right from the top, now I only get good brakes near the bottom of the pedal? All pads are fine...The engine also hunts on idle when the air con is on and didn’t before..Anyone had similar issues or have any advice of things I can check.

Now ain't that something ,

That's exactly how mine was, and to an extent still is

Finally tracked the loss of servo VAC to the line from the 'T' that rums to the servo, the other branch runs to the far side of the engine bay , one-way valve was passing and some dumb-put had used a length of PVC pipe to join the sections , not the soft rubber , so it leaked , fine for 99.9 % of the time , but its the 0.1 % that matters ..

New pipe + clips and brakes are 'normal' I assume normal , as had that problem since picked the car up ..Vac lasts overnight now

!! Engine still hunts with the air-con ON , all ways has done ....

Q Is this an indication , its been mapped by previous owner ?