Brake pedal sound

a3user

Reaction score
Hi everyone
I have a problem with my A3 40TFSI. When I bring the car to a complete stop and then release the brake pedal, there is a distinct sound coming from the pedal as if it has been hit with a steel rod. The sound only occurs when I bring the car to a complete stop and auto-hold is activated.
Have any of you encountered a similar problem or know what might be causing it? The dealer said it is a normal thing in these cars.... I have included a link to the recording below, unfortunately the sound quality is not the best.

Mine 2021 35tfsi does exactly the same thing, again only when auto hold is switched on. Brought this to the attention of my dealer back in 2021 and they told me it was normal but the above link to a recall over the servo issue worries me that they just fobbed me off or they weren't aware of the recall at the time.

Check this link to see if yours is affected

Unfortunately, this recall does not apply to my car. However, I wonder if my case is also related to a loose screw in the electromechanical brake servo.

Clunk noise from Brake pedal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine 2021 35tfsi does exactly the same thing, again only when auto hold is switched on. Brought this to the attention of my dealer back in 2021 and they told me it was normal but the above link to a recall over the servo issue worries me that they just fobbed me off or they weren't aware of the recall at the time.
Were you able to solve your problem or do you have any ideas on how to get the dealer to fix this defect?

Unfortunately, this recall does not apply to my car. However, I wonder if my case is also related to a loose screw in the electromechanical brake servo.

Were you able to solve your problem or do you have any ideas on how to get the dealer to fix this defect?

New Booster with a modified rubber boot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My chassis number isn't covered by this recall but the noise and issue sound exactly alike. My dealer states the issue is normal and as the recall won't cover the warranty I can't do anything about it.

However, I resolved my issue by deselecting the auto handbrake function as when this was engaged that's when this noise was heard. When it's not I hardly ever hear it.