Brake pedal problem

sparkysi90

Reaction score
Evening all

I have had a look at previous threads and havnt found exactly what I need.

I fitted all new brakes to the s3 yesterday, put the Leon cupra r brembos on new disks and pads all round. I Bled all the callipers and flushed through 1.5litres of fluid.

Now when I depress the brake pedal it goes pretty much to the floor and the brakes are pretty much non existent... From what I understand I could have flipped the seal on the master cylinder? Is there anything else it could be?

Many thanks

Simon

Have you bled the master cylinder?

If they are genuine LCR brembo's (and not Jnr's) then they will have two bleed nipples... you need to bleed the inboard first then the out board..

Have you used a pressure bleeder or done it by pumping the pedal?

<tuffty/>

To be honest I have not yet bled the master cylinder I will do this tomorrow, could this happen if it is not bled?

Yeah they are genuine and I bless the nipples in that order.

Pumping the pedle u fortunately but I did not go to the floor once?

Thanks

Do the MC first and see what happens... and yeah, long pedal is entirely plausible from not bleeding the MC..

Pressure bleeding is obvs the preferred method...

Difficult to say if you damaged the MC seals though...

<tuffty/>

Think I might have to invest in a pressure tester.

I will bleed the mc tomorrow and see how that goes.

I assume the bleed nipples for the mc are under the reservoir? Are there two?

Thanks

two and they are 7mm nipples... be very careful with them

<tuffty/>

Ah ok thank I will make sure I am, are they easy enough to get to?

Not particularly... I normally crack them off then use the hose for draining off the fluid to 'undo' it and do it back up again... it will be tight enough not to leak to allow you to tighten again... but thats using a pressure bleeder (gunsons eezi bleed)

<tuffty/>

Might sound stupid but if you fitted them upside down you won't be able to bleed them. Bleed nipples have to be on top of the calliper not the bottom. Have seen it fitted upside down before.

Evening, bled the MC today.....Perfect car now stops with minimal amount of travel on the pedal ... Thanks for the advice!

Reactions: Prawn
Good news.
Get some pics up... Hope to fit mine this week, can't wait