Brake pads for 8Y

Amirh87

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a good brake pad for track/daily use?

I wanted bluestuff. But they do not fit :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You may have to look at cross referencing the Akebono caliper with other Audi models and see if it opens up more possibilities.....

I believe the caliper is the same as the RS4 / 5 / Q3 etc........

Doesn't seem anything available from the usual suspects.

I have been using the Hawk HB865Z.620 on my car for over a year with great results! https://www.hawkperformance.com/pads/hb865z-620

For background: I used to work for the company that manufactures the brakes for the RS3 (Akebono) and I put a set of early production calipers/rotors on my GTI. This is my daily driver and I have over 20K miles on this setup. I switched to the Hawk pads about 8K ago to reduce brake dust and they work very well with no degradation in performance.
smile.gif

9BhyNIf

Reactions: 8YARWY
Does anyone know of a good brake pad for track/daily use?

I wanted bluestuff. But they do not fit :(

What do you mean they don't fit, what's the problem? The front/rear set I bought arrived a couple of weeks ago but haven't had time to fit them.

EBC lists them for the 8Y RS3

f14d41fae07089d0954a75db5021f11f.jpg

EBC lists them for the 8Y RS3

f14d41fae07089d0954a75db5021f11f.jpg

Yeah, that's why I bought them and also because I've been very happy with the performance of the Bluestuffs.. Curious to hear what the problem was with fitment.

My mechanic was adamant it would not fit. I'm going over there on Monday and will see, I bought the 529 XP8s as a backup

Reactions: eleven_
My mechanic was adamant it would not fit. I'm going over there on Monday and will see, I bought the 529 XP8s as a backup

Is it the front or back that doesn’t fit…or both? Curious to see what the mechanic says.

They did not fit. The pads for the RS3 seem closer to RS5

EBC took an RMA and will issue a refund + will notify me when the pads are in stock

Reactions: eleven_

EBC took an RMA and will issue a refund + will notify me when the pads are in stock

Can you pm me details and who at EBC they spoke to, looks like I’ll need to return my set also as I haven’t even tried to fit them yet I wont know what to show them evidence wise.

Mate, can you confirm the part numbers that didn't fit. Are they (front) DP52277NDX and DP52295NDX (rear)?

Mate, can you confirm the part numbers that didn't fit. Are they (front) DP52277NDX and DP52295NDX (rear)?

..I was advised by buybrakes.com, who allegedly, spoke with EBC.

Fronts: Blue:
DP51513/3NDX
Rear: Yellow(since blue for rear didn't exist yet):

DP42254R

..I was advised by buybrakes.com, who allegedly, spoke with EBC.

Fronts: Blue:
DP51513/3NDX
Rear: Yellow(since blue for rear didn't exist yet):

DP42254R

Those Part numbers relate to the 8V RS3, copy and paste the front number on EBC website and see for yourself.....
Your rear pad number doesn't even relate to an RS3......
Didn't you check the numbers before purchase ?

It seems the person from buybrakes & EBC that were helping me didn't know that the RS3 brakes were the same as RS5/S4

Too little product knowledge mate.

Well I did triple check before I locked in the order and ended up getting a set of DP52277NDX and DP52295NDX. I'll need to test fit to confirm fitment.

@Amirh87 yours aren't correct numbers and it's quiet amazing resellers can get it so wrong.

Well I did triple check before I locked in the order and ended up getting a set of DP52277NDX and DP52295NDX. I'll need to test fit to confirm fitment.

@Amirh87 yours aren't correct numbers and it's quiet amazing resellers can get it so wrong.

Any luck?

I am also very keen on feedback.

Does anyone have a view on higher boiling point brake fluid?

Any word?

The EBC pads numbers I have look the same as OEM. I didn't fit them but the front looks identical and the rear is same except for one small detail (cut out) in the corner that I can't see would make any difference. Even if it did for some reason it can easily be modded to make same as it's on the steel backing plate.

OEM pads can take a beating. I absolutely hammered them to the point the rotors were glowing and at the end of the session the pads were smoking quite a bit.

They haven't broken up and after they cooled down as going strong again.

The EBC pads numbers I have look the same as OEM. I didn't fit them but the front looks identical and the rear is same except for one small detail (cut out) in the corner that I can't see would make any difference. Even if it did for some reason it can easily be modded to make same as it's on the steel backing plate.

OEM pads can take a beating. I absolutely hammered them to the point the rotors were glowing and at the end of the session the pads were smoking quite a bit.

They haven't broken up and after they cooled down as going strong again.

You took OEMs on track?

Glad to hear they could take a beating. I bought the blues in prep for a track day in early Jan.

May just wear the OEMs out first and then install them.

Have you tried an install yet? It seems easy enough but I’ve never done a pad install before, I have a friend with much more experience then myself who offered to help. So figured btwn the two of us we should be able to manage since shops are charging $5-600 for an install

Glad to hear they could take a beating. I bought the blues in prep for a track day in early Jan.

May just wear the OEMs out first and then install them.

Have you tried an install yet? It seems easy enough but I’ve never done a pad install before, I have a friend with much more experience then myself who offered to help. So figured btwn the two of us we should be able to manage since shops are charging $5-600 for an install

Pretty easy to replace pads if that's all you're doing.

I'm just about to order these... will let you know how I get on!

Reactions: Amirh87