Brake pads, discs and fluid change/upgrade

JD09

I'm not modding, I'm improving
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Having all this done on Saturday morning, as well as a service and MOT. The question is, am I mad not to replace the standard hoses at the same time? Thinking about buying HEL lines or Goodridge...

Car is an S3 BAM 2002 - it's having Padid plain discs front and rear, mintex rear pads, DS2500 front pads and ATE Super Blue fluid...!

The hose kits available only replace the fronts and the two that go from the body to the rear arms... they don't normally replace the part flexi/hard pipe that goes to the calipers

As std I think they are 'braided' anyway but the decent stuff (Bill sells lines for Brembos etc normally) use stainless (not plated) fittings so are a good alternative

<tuffty/>

Ah OK, thanks Paul. I think my rears are the ones on their way out so may just replace as and when.

Sailed through service and MOT and pads and discs are wearing evenly I'm pleased to say, so been fitted correctly!

However, I have a lot of fluid left in the ATE super blue tin. And by a lot, I mean over half full... I know the system takes less than 1 litre, but does this concern anyone else?

I used nearly a ltr of ATE blue as I just wanted to be sure I had bled it all through... I went round a few times to be sure...

<tuffty/>