Brake pads and Disc Lasting on PFL

XPOWER

Reaction score
I was wondering how long brake discs and pads usually last on PFL RS3.
I didn't think I was pushing the breaks too much with my daily city traffic commute. But mine has lasted 17k miles with the break pads warning displaying after my first slow run at VMAX200 so they were worn before taking part.
I'm replacing the OEM ones with REVO disc upgrade and Ferodo ds2500 pads.

I was wondering how long brake discs and pads usually last on PFL RS3.
I didn't think I was pushing the breaks too much with my daily city traffic commute. But mine has lasted 17k miles with the break pads warning displaying after my first slow run at VMAX200 so they were worn before taking part.
I'm replacing the OEM ones with REVO disc upgrade and Ferodo ds2500 pads.

Out of curiosity, how much are the discs and pads setting you back? PM if you don’t want to post here. I will likely go down the Revo Alcon route with Ferodo pads when mine go.

Are your discs really that heavily worn? I’m at 11k and my pads do look 2/3 worn, I was hoping to get another set of pads out of my discs....

The discs had a lip on them so after checking the depth left it was down to manufacturing minimum specification so the discs could be skimmed but it would be outside the specification. I didn't think it was worth risking skimming the disc on a car with over 400hp.

The workshop said that usually the discs last for 2 sets of pads but mine haven't. :disappointed:

This is the cost ex vat:-
Feroda ds2500 pads £210
revo disc upgrade £800
Rear pads £57
Rear disc £130
Labour £210

Total inc vat £1688.40

Not cheap but if I got OEM parts at the dealer and got the dealer to fit it then it would cost more also the OEM pads are more expensive than the Ferodo ones.

The discs had a lip on them so after checking the depth left it was down to manufacturing minimum specification so the discs could be skimmed but it would be outside the specification. I didn't think it was worth risking skimming the disc on a car with over 400hp.

The workshop said that usually the discs last for 2 sets of pads but mine haven't. :disappointed:

Feroda ds2500 pads £210
revo disc upgrade £800
Rear pads £57
Rear disc £130
Labour £210

Total inc vat £1688.40

Not cheap but if I got OEM parts at the dealer and got the dealer to fit it then it would cost more also the OEM pads are more expensive than the Ferodo ones.

Thanks for that!

Did you only buy one rear disc? That seems cheap for two.

It’s strange how the discs haven’t lasted, why would you have needed to skim them with a new set of pads?

I’m interested to hear back from you now the brake feel improves, if it all.

Revo Alcon discs will not fit the FL RS3.

Off set is wrong.

There’s around a 5 mm difference in hub rear mounting face to the disc rear face measurement.

They are currently developing new bells with the correct offset, that will take months I was told.

Revo Alcon discs will not fit the FL RS3.

Off set is wrong.

There’s around a 5 mm difference in hub rear mounting face to the disc rear face measurement.

They are currently developing new bells with the correct offset, that will take months I was told.

Thanks for that, saved me some trouble when I change. Fingers crossed will be a while yet but I was looking to move away from the stock disc.

Thanks for that!

Did you only buy one rear disc? That seems cheap for two.

It’s strange how the discs haven’t lasted, why would you have needed to skim them with a new set of pads?

I’m interested to hear back from you now the brake feel improves, if it all.

The rear disc are £65 each. They are cheap so worth doing when changing the front ones anyway.
There were lips on the two disc and black scorching marks as well so would needed skimming to get them back into a decent shape.
I'm guessing that stop start town driving doesn't agree with them. This is the first automatic car I've owned so it might be that I'm riding the breaks more than what I should be.
I will let you know when I get them. I'm not expecting a big difference seeing that the OEM ones were fine apart from the squealing noise that it made sometimes.

Reactions: AudiNutta
On that one, anyone had to change their FL breaks? I'm at 8k, mostly relaxed/motorway miles, but occasionally gets driven a little harder. :friendly wink:

On that one, anyone had to change their FL breaks? I'm at 8k, mostly relaxed/motorway miles, but occasionally gets driven a little harder. :friendly wink:

Mine are going to be replaced soon

Going with Reyland grooved floating fronts

If they are ok then I can get rears to match.

My pfl is on 16k now, fronts removed for squealing but the original pads were hardly touched.
I replaced the rears at 12k because the rear discs were scored and corroded, Pads were still like new.

I'm keen to change my rears, if just for the fact the stock ones look terrible and rust through.

I fitted the drilled Brembo rears with yellow stuff pads and they still look like new and they’ve been on nearly 6 months!
A record for Audi.

I’ve just had a look at mine after a brisk Sunday morning drive, I’ve got hairline cracks working their way out from the holes in the disc.... hmmm... wonder what Audi will say about that.

Had my Revo discs lasting fitted.
They need bedding in so been taking it easy so far but there are no squealing from the brakes.

A few things to note is that they took 3 weeks to arrive. Probably due to them being assembled specifically for each order by Revo. They do look slightly bigger than the OEM discs.

Front Disc
20181028_104619_zpsfzkonjqc.jpg

Rear Disc
20181028_104629_zpslwquw2hx.jpg

Had my Revo discs lasting fitted.
They need bedding in so been taking it easy so far but there are no squealing from the brakes.

A few things to note is that they took 3 weeks to arrive. Probably due to them being assembled specifically for each order by Revo. They do look slightly bigger than the OEM discs.

Front Disc
20181028_104619_zpsfzkonjqc.jpg

Rear Disc
20181028_104629_zpslwquw2hx.jpg

Looking good! Will be interested to hear whether the rears rust or not.

Feroda ds2500 pads £210
revo disc upgrade £800
Rear pads £57
Rear disc £130
Labour £210

Total inc vat £1688.40

There a company on ebay selling em let me get hold of them