Brake pad warning light

FranA3

FMDETAILING
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Hi guys on my 8P somehow on the brake pads the warning wire has had its plug ripped off and now the brake pad warning light is on constantly! can i replace that part of the loom or is it part of a much bigger loom? on the pads the wire has been ripped off too but i can get new pads so thats not a issue its the wiring loom for the car thats the issue here lol!

Is there any wire left at all? There should be 2 wires, if you strip them and solder them together with a bit of heat shrink it will get rid of the light

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah there is most of the wire there, its just been ripped off about where the plug used to be lol, no wonder the light came on eh and hte pads are fine haha!

It's pretty common mate, catches on the drive shaft I think! My light annoyed me, mine were actually low though haha! Get them twisted together and into a small choccy block if you don't have access to a soldering iron! Would be much better though, you can just replace this when you get new pads in future!

Yeah im not worried about the pads as they are easy to replace its just the actual wire itself lol, will try twisting them together if not will have to see about replacing that part of the loom

I'm pretty certain it will work mate, that's all that happens in the pad, breaks a loop of wire which lifts the resistance and puts the light on I guess!

Yeah thats what i thought it doesn, simple design but really annoying when you dont want it on haha