Brake Pad Replacement

cemerson

Reaction score
My brake pad warning has come up after 42,000 miles or so, but I'm not paying Audi to do it - it's a simple enough job I can do myself.

Just wondered if anyone here has done this yet themselves and have any info on what I should look out for? One thing that I have heard with cars with electronic brakes is that you need to use VCDS (which I have access to so not a problem) to put the car into a mode for brake pad replacement, or the car can try and activate the brakes without the pads or discs in there. Anyone know anything about this? Or perhaps this is just for the rear wheels?

Any info or help would be appreciated (as well as any recommendations for replacement pads or discs, or I may just get the Audi parts again).

You've pretty much nailed the issues. I tried to change the disc and pads on my last car with an EPB. Fronts where easy enough, but it the time I didn't know about the requirement to VCDS the rear brakes. You'd have to weigh up the cost of OEM to say ferrodo, Mintex, but no doubt they would be cheaper or even buy from eurocarparts.

Does anyone know how much the official parts are? My spec is in my signature if they have different pads, but I'd be looking for front pads and discs

Why don't you ask in the parts request section. I have used it a couple of times-easy and a great service.

Does anyone know how much the official parts are? My spec is in my signature if they have different pads, but I'd be looking for front pads and discs
Your signature doesn't appear

Really? It's showing for me. I'll paste it again here:

Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack