Brake pad recommendations

Audi33

Reaction score
Hi all, im wanting to upgrade my brake pads, something that has much better stopping power. The disk currently on the car are dimpled and grooved from Mtec, which are fine so mainly looking at better pads rather than the mintex on there at the moment.

What would you guys recommend? A4 2.0 tdi

Last edited:
Usually to get more stopping power you need bigger discs/ calipers. Upgrading the pads can give the brakes a bit more bite and stop them fading as much.
It's a question asked quite often and I always say that the EBC red stuff pads are pretty good. Low dust , reasonable price, good performance, R90 rated.
Have a look in the performance section at carpartsforless , you get 10% off the already reasonable price.

Karl.

i'm running mtec discs and pagid pads, they feel alot better than the mintex i did have, like desertstorm says a bit more bite, not really drove the car hard latley so not sure about how much better the fade is but the mintex were crap for brake fade

Usually to get more stopping power you need bigger discs/ calipers. Upgrading the pads can give the brakes a bit more bite and stop them fading as much.
It's a question asked quite often and I always say that the EBC red stuff pads are pretty good. Low dust , reasonable price, good performance, R90 rated.
Have a look in the performance section at carpartsforless , you get 10% off the already reasonable price.

Karl.
Cheers for the reply karl, just had a wuick look on car parts for less, they only seem to have the green stuff pads listed not the red stuff.

i'm running mtec discs and pagid pads, they feel alot better than the mintex i did have, like desertstorm says a bit more bite, not really drove the car hard latley so not sure about how much better the fade is but the mintex were **** for brake fade
I was thinking about the pagid pads, as i had them on my previous car. The current pads are like worn half way and the braking is not brilliant at all under hard driving.

Cheers for the reply karl, just had a wuick look on car parts for less, they only seem to have the green stuff pads listed not the red stuff.

DP2 - Green

DP3 - Red

Replace the 2 in the Greenstuff product number for a 3 and you have the Redstuff product number.