Brake pad and brake disc upgrade

Bear pig

Reaction score
Any information out there regarding brake pad, disc upgrade for 2012 b8 avant black edition. Been looking about and its a mine field of different information.
Cheers

Any information out there regarding brake pad, disc upgrade for 2012 b8 avant black edition. Been looking about and its a mine field of different information.
Cheers
Depends what you are using it for m8? I went with standard spec discs and redstuff pads and they are more than enough for the roads. Track use would be totally different though

Reactions: Gazwould
Cheers for the response, just road, just fancy doing some tinkering, like the look of bigger disc and calipers but really don't have a clue, new to all this mod. stuff . Want to get the best out the car , some whips on this forum are stunning.

Cheers for the response, just road, just fancy doing some tinkering, like the look of bigger disc and calipers but really don't have a clue, new to all this mod. stuff . Want to get the best out the car , some whips on this forum are stunning.
It also depends on your budget m8. If I wanted to spend some more cash and get the performance and looks I would probably go this route:
https://www.ecstuning.com/b-ecs-par...-tru-float-wave-rotors-345x30/003523ecs01akt/

Wow, there lovely , do there fit straight onto the car without doing anything to it.

If you want to go big then I run S8 brembo 6pots with RS6 390mm discs and RS5 lines under 19" Peelers
S8 Brakes

Reactions: THQuattro and Ginge247
Will people stop posting about brake upgrades. I haven't even got my car back from tuning/exhaust fit yet and I'm searching buying brake upgrades....

Reactions: THQuattro, Cerbera9 and GjrBartlett
If your tuned your def gonna need upgraded brakes the stock brakes really don't cut it when slowing down from high speed and repeated heavy braking.

If your tuned your def gonna need upgraded brakes the stock brakes really don't cut it when slowing down from high speed and repeated heavy braking.

I agree, took me by surprise last weekend when I finally got to take the S4 out for a drive...and mine is stock! The S3 I had before had really good brakes, I was expecting something similar of the S4.

I don't want to take route the swapping out callipers so different pads might be an option for me. I had Pagid Fast Road pads on my Polo previously and they were great, not sure if they even still make them.

Yeah, if I was johnny lots of cash I would go the hole hog, that's why thinking of just disc , pads to start with.

Upgraded Brakes should be one of the things you do spend money on and upgrade first. These are big heavy cars, Anyone can tune their car to make it faster but what's the point if you not gonna be able to rein it in and stop!

Reactions: rizzini7