Brake Pad advice

Right so the increased disc size also pushes the disc farther out from the hub. That makes sense.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Right so the increased disc size also pushes the disc farther out from the hub. That makes sense.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

The disc is slightly offset from oem, as the caliper carrier is moved over a little.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I changed my rear discs and pads a month or so ago. I used Mintex coated discs and Mintex pads. The pads a came with new calliper bolts and shims. I think I paid around £75 for them.
What does the 'coated' refer to - is this just the edge of the disc to prevent the non-friction surface rusting?

Basically the whole disc has a zinc (I think) silver coating. The contact faces wears off after a few miles but anything that is not a friction contact area stays silver and doesn't rust.

Lol another ‘minority’ happy red stuff user.

59333d8d059ea94801a29273941f8407.jpg

Reactions: AlS3BE
Lol another ‘minority’ happy red stuff user.

59333d8d059ea94801a29273941f8407.jpg

Holy crap, must have been scary if braking from any speed. Had something similar on an OEM pad but that was after me abusing it on the track and only like a third of it came off not the whole pad.

Reactions: 8YARWY
Holy ****, must have been scary if braking from any speed. Had something similar on an OEM pad but that was after me abusing it on the track and only like a third of it came off not the whole pad.

It’s only ‘minority’ reporting though as some will keep saying.
Funny how it’s always Redstuff that have the same old issues.

Reactions: AlS3BE
Had to dig for this pic. This was after a couple of laps and my brake disc failed. The drilled holes had cracked and the cracks kept weeping towards the hub, luckily it didn’t go all the way round. Both sides were like this but this pic was the worse of the 2. Since then I never touched drilled discs. Goes to show it pays to get good brakes, discs and pads. Not worth the risk IMO.
19FEBFFA 83C9 4BF8 A58B 48DF5CFA1E48

Reactions: 8YARWY