Brake options for 450-500hp

RaulQTS

Reaction score
So the engines in but as the car has not moved for a year all the brakes have seized

The car should make between 450-500

Any brake suggestions which are not that expensive

Been offered complete upgrade uprights disc pads 18z and s4 b5 back brakes for £600 plus delivery

Any other suggestion for the price ?

(Cannot seem to upload images any suggestions ?)

For that price it's not worth searching any further. That's a bargain, and should be plenty of stopping power.

You might want to consider getting some brackets to allow you to fit B6 rear discs with the B5 rear calipers.

Depending if the S4 rear brakes are facelift ones or not it's not too bad a price,

I done my 18z front swap on my S4 for under £400, that includes new discs, pads, lines, bolts and the calipers blasted and powder coated and new seals fitted, I sold the RS4 b5 brakes that were on it to cover the majority of that cost

On the rear I'm working on fitting 4 pot brembos from a cayenne, with a separate handbrake caliper, I know it's not essential or to everyone's opinion but I want to fit them,

Most folk use the facelift S4 rear caliper and a bracket to move it out to allow the b6 S4 rear 300mm disc

So I have got 18z front and s4 facelift rear calipers being refurbished. What I have seen a a6 c5 front uprights for a good price will this allow a good fitment what controls arms do I need ?

2002> A6 C5 arms (and uprights). Only the lower front arm is different, the rest are the same as what you have already.