Brake light switch question

neddynasty

Reaction score
On Sunday I was driving along and the ABS & traction control lights came on. Stopped the car and started again and the lights persisted. About 10 minutes later the glow plug light came on and was flashing. The brake lights also weren't working. It persisted for the day. Consulted the site and it said the brake light switch needs to be changed.

On Monday rang around a few Audi garages and found one with the part. Off I went and bought the part. Sods law being as it is on the way home from the garage the lights went off and the brake lights were working again!

Should I change the part anyway or is it OK to go on as it is?

I'd change it if I was you, being as you've got the part as I'm sure it will go again.

I can send you a pdf guide if you want it, will need your email address.

I would definitely replace it. its easy to do. take the cover off below the steering wheel, unplug, twist, pull out and the reverse to install. Whilst you are there it may be worth doing the clutch switch. Have replaced them both on my 2003 avant

Hi, would you be able to send me the pdf for replacing it too? I have the switch, and any help would be gratefully received, my emails tsjagpal@yahoo.co.uk

Thank You​