Brake light / headlight wrapping

WalkerBW

Reaction score
Afternoon all!

Weather depending, I'm looking at wrapping my brake lights and or headlights this weekend with either a light smoke or a light matt black finish.

Are there any threads on here for tips and tricks etc?
I've watched a number of tutorials so feel fairly confident in giving it a bash.

If there aren't any threads, would anyone be interested in me documenting how it goes?

Audi A4 Avant B9 S-Line 252bhp.

Ta

I tried this a week ago and failed miserably. Used a clear laminate just for protection. Cut each one to size, and pulled it over while using a hairdryer to make it more malleable....Unfortunately it stretched it as I went along, so it was all out of shape. I've seen people use water and spray it over first for easier alignment/fitment, then squeeze the water out with a squeegee. I'm going to try that method next.

Some people dont use a cut-out, but go straight over the light with a rectangular piece, and use a knife to cut off the excess.... I'm too scared to bring a knife near my car.

By the time you perfect it you may as well have paid for it to be done. Personally wouldn’t do my headlights. Friend of mine got his Done for a £10 on each corner. Got his own film. No headache and a pro job.