Brake light failure!!!

jselfe

Reaction score
Hello,

Please please help, this annoying/flipping light has just appeared, it's the picture with the light bulb in a circle with brackets at either end (trying to describe the picture).

I have tried everything, light bulbs are fine, taken the light bulbs out at cleaned them, wiped the surface of the light bulb.

When I start the car everything is fine on the DIS, as soon as I hit the brake BLEEEEEEP and the kind little light comes on & stays on!!

Any help/advice would be received greatly.

Many thanks,
James.

Sounds like you need a set of new brake pads mate, if the symbol is like a circle with brackets (o) around it. If a bulb has blown, then it should be a symbol of a bulb with a cross going through it.

Brake wear warning light methinks...

Activated by the wear sensors in the pads when they contact metal (the discs!) and complete the circuit which lights up the lamp on your dashboard, i.e when they are worn!

Have them checked out.

Or do it yourself /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Cheers

T

its the other way round actually.

when you wear through the sensor (a loop of metal in the pad), the link gets broken, aka alarm...

thats why some people with brake conversions or different non audi pads have to short and link the wires together, if they havent got pad sensors.

for this reason and to retain the sensors i bought the Porshce pad sensors to go with my brake kit.

press the right button on the dash when the lamp is on and if should say in words what it wrong ie bulb fail or pads worn, if that don't work a yellow pic is pads worn and a red pic with an x is bulb fail