Brake light bulbs

dex140

Reaction score
I must have chaged the brake light bulb in my car for the fourth time two weeks ago (this time i did both sides) and yet again the drivers side break bulb has gone again....:mad:

Anyone got any suggestions how to stop this?

Thanks

Maybe something is causing the bulb to burn. You should scan your car with VCDS to see if there are any onther electrical errors.

Dex, I would look very carefully at the source of your break-light bulbs. There is a chance that they are poorly made and of inferior quality. I saw some a while ago which were so badly made, it was obvious from just looking at them. Actually, I have not had a break-light fail on either of our two cars in over seven years. Anyway, suggest you buy a couple from a well-known brand, examine them carefully for faults like the filament flopping around, or what looks like a poor assembly. They really should last a very long time. I honestly don't think that the car is doing this to you. Good luck.

Dex, I would look very carefully at the source of your break-light bulbs. There is a chance that they are poorly made and of inferior quality. I saw some a while ago which were so badly made, it was obvious from just looking at them. Actually, I have not had a break-light fail on either of our two cars in over seven years. Anyway, suggest you buy a couple from a well-known brand, examine them carefully for faults like the filament flopping around, or what looks like a poor assembly. They really should last a very long time. I honestly don't think that the car is doing this to you. Good luck.

Also check the light fitting itself as these have been known to fail through corrosion causing the bulbs to fail...

Cheers will try and get some decent bulbs Valeo or something, the last one i did the filament was really burnt out! I will lso chck the bulb holder but from what i remember it was in fairly good nick!