Brake Fluid

beaker

Reaction score
My A3's on the variable service but I noticed that the sticker the dealer has marked up states that I'm due a brake fluid change about now, though my next service probably won't be for another 15k.

Is this normal? Should I be taking it in before the next service to get this looking at?

yes - this annoyed me too... you have to have brake fluid changed every 24 months regardless of other service intervals and hence this is excluded from the normal servicing. They don't tell you this though when your stood there in the showroom with £25k in your hand of course!!!!!!

Balls, any idea how much they will fleece me for?

24 months is fairly standard for all cars. It's more to do with the brake fluid than the particular type of vehicle. Brake fluid absorbs a certain amount of moisture and becomes less effective over a period of time.

24 months is pretty much the shelf life for brake fluid. I think the deleaers charge about £70 for this. Get it done else where and I'm sure you can get it done for a lot less.

J.

I've seen many people on here charged approx £90 so I guess budget £70 to £100 which is outrageous really.

Well most of it will be labour ofc, though fluid isnt cheap and you waste a lot of it when you flush through with clean stuff. For a main dealer £90 isnt bad imo.

I know it it's no use to you in Dundee, but at least as a benchmark comparison, Fontain in Berkshire charge £59 for a brake fluid change. I'd have though you could find a good indie to do the job for about the same money.

I'll phone Audi Dundee for a quote. They seem to have the cheapest service quotes out of any I've seen on here so might be OK. If not, I'll check out a local garage.