1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice
  1. niedzial1983

niedzial1983 Registered User

Can anyone recommend pads to go with standard rotors that dont generate brake dust or very minimum . I just had my wheels refurb and its a nightmare at the moment

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. 1210tech

1210tech Four Ring Fanatic

Haven't used them myself yet but a friend has recommended EBC Redstuff pads for minimum brake dust

4. Redbaron1973

Redbaron1973 V10's rule

I changed from OE to brembo pads. Much less dust.

1210tech. - had rubbish Experience with EBC in the past. Personally I wouldn't use them again if they were free.

5. RAF_S7

RAF_S7 Well-Known Member Gold Supporter

I'm running EBC Redstuff pads with zero issues.

My S7 was suffering from excessive brake dust, which in turn caused low speed brake squeal. Both now resolved (lm about 2500 miles on the EBCs now)

I believe there was a redesign of the Redstuff pads, and they now have a higher ceramic content.

I highly recommend. :racer:

ruairi83 likes this.
  6. ruairi83

ruairi83 Registered User

I upgraded the front calipers, front discs and pads on my 2015 a4 to the genuine S4 ones. New genuine disc and pads where got to match currently have 4K miles on them. I'm getting excessive brake dust on drivers side and squeal at low speeds too... I ordered another set of genuine pads. Might sell these genuine ones and get the EBC ones.

7. RAF_S7

RAF_S7 Well-Known Member Gold Supporter

EBC Redstuff's are the way to go. The ceramic content prevents excessive brake dust and squeal. I'm running them on my OEM discs and I'm not seeing any significant additional wear on the discs.

ruairi83 likes this.
  8. ruairi83

ruairi83 Registered User

Sounds good mate. Thanks

9. Redbaron1973

Redbaron1973 V10's rule

Glad to hear they have redesigned the product and its working for you.

10. desertstorm

desertstorm Moderator Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

I have Redstuff front and rear and compared to OE pads they are very much better. The brake dust is a lighter color , comes off easily and there is not so much of it. As stated above the EBC formulation for Redstuff and indeed several other pad types has changed over the years

BigjoeC likes this.