Brake disks and pads, sizes?

L-M

Reaction score
So my front disks are 1ZE pr code-288mm
Rear disks are 1KD - 255mm

On eurocarparts i can find front pads for 288mm disks but the resrs i can only find pads for 253mm disks eventhough it says the pads pr code is 1KD, im confused, can anyone help me out?

255mm is OEM but for some reason only 253mm is now available in all forms Brembo, Eicher etc.

I've looked online pretty much everywhere as mine are due replacement and from what I can tell thats just the way it is.

I renewed all my discs (rears same size as yours) and pads via CarParts4kless (internet arm of Euro Car parts) a couple of years ago and everything was fine. You have the added bonus with those rear discs that you can lift them off and on without even having to removing the calliper carriers. :glee:

So these 253mm discs and pads are fine for a A3 1KD ?

Irrespective of whether the disc is 253mm or 255mm they both use the same size pads, the pad size has never changed.
And yes the 253mm discs are perfect for the 1KD rear on the A3, my car has this set-up.
I can 100% confirm as has already been said the calliper carrier doesn’t need to be unbolted to change the disc as it is small enough to waggle it out once the small disc securing screw is undone.

Reactions: S3mad
Irrespective of whether the disc is 253mm or 255mm they both use the same size pads, the pad size has never changed.
And yes the 253mm discs are perfect for the 1KD rear on the A3, my car has this set-up.
I can 100% confirm as has already been said the calliper carrier doesn’t need to be unbolted to change the disc as it is small enough to waggle it out once the small disc securing screw is undone.

Thanks for confirming

Buy the textar pads from ECP as there excellent and long lasting Imo

Reactions: Nessy
I always wait until there’s an offer on (there’s always some kind of discount available ) and get my Textar pads from ECP too.
With my 1KD rears the Textar pads normally cost around £12.50 which I think is brilliant value for money as they’re really great pads IMHO.