Brake discs.....

Audi27

Reaction score
Hello,

General question, my brake discs I think need changing. They look rusty and lipped through the middle but is that a sign of a need for new discs? Braking seem's fine and responsive to be fair but I don't know if I need to change. I know eurocarparts have got a 25% discount at the moment as well which is decent. I might change all four for peace of mind but waste of money if not needed. :think:

If there worn in about 2mm then they may need changing and the edges may start to flake off as they rust away.I changed my rears last month as they were starting to look cr-p so i went the hole hog and referbed the calipers.

Btt 001

Hello,

General question, my brake discs I think need changing. They look rusty and lipped through the middle but is that a sign of a need for new discs? Braking seem's fine and responsive to be fair but I don't know if I need to change. I know eurocarparts have got a 25% discount at the moment as well which is decent. I might change all four for peace of mind but waste of money if not needed. :think:

Mine look nasty too, having exactly the same thoughts as you mate.
Try Carparts4Less might work out even cheaper or use OILSPILL30 code to save even more on the ECP price.

i would change but if car has been standing for a while the discs will become pitted have you seen the back of the discs? might find the rear maybe worse. get the parts if you dont use them take them back :)