brake discs for s3 or 3.2

discostu49

Reaction score
so I'm needing discs and pads for the front the 345mm ones the garage are wanting to much of my ££'s to do

I'm going to change the fronts myself to save ££'s

the dilemma is what discs and pads ??

I've been quoted £98 per disc and £74 for 2 pads so just over £270 for the parts then labour on top takes me over £340 which I'm not wanting to pay as i need two tyres and 4 wheel alignment done as soon as I've done the discs

I've seen these http://www.ebay.co.u...ATTRO-TFSI-3-2-
tease.gif
-front-drilled-brake-discs-and-brembo-pads-345mm-/271740973842?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Car+Make%3AAudi%7CCars+Type%3AS3+quattro&hash=item3f45063312

any one used kinetix drilled discs and brembo pads?

I've heard about red stuff and yellow stuff pads as well any pointers?

pagid discs are 59.40 each at ecp and the pads are just over 38 for the front axle
I'm running those discs on mine currently and are spot on - pagid supply Mercedes etc as factory brake parts incase you weren't aware

I think my current pads are red stuff and seem ok but aren't the best fit so you hear them click in the carriers as you go forwards then reverse and apply the brakes lightly
HTH

(prices are for click and collect)

been doing the rounds on the net tonight

going down the red stuff pad route

kinetic discs for the front i think they just look so much better and doing them myself

will look at the paid discs for the rear

cheers

Reactions: grainqey
Pajids all round on my S3 I can't fault them, I had red stuff pads on my S3 8l and they were awful. Think my front disc an pads have just cost me £137.

Reactions: S3Alex
Err Pagid are a budget Disc, Pagid is owned by ECPs

TRW is OE and not much more money

Pajids all round on my S3 I can't fault them, I had red stuff pads on my S3 8l and they were awful. Think my front disc an pads have just cost me £137.

Briefly tried those things on mine.

Squealed like pigs and weren't significantly better than the OEM pads.

Reactions: S3 AEX
Briefly tried those things on mine.

Squealed like pigs and weren't significantly better than the OEM pads.
Yep I used to hate pulling up at lights, it was like freddy running his nails down the blackboard (can you still say that?) and when cold I may as well have had no brakes.

Reactions: S3Alex
Yep I used to hate pulling up at lights, it was like freddy running his nails down the blackboard (can you still say that?) and when cold I may as well have had no brakes.

I guess brakes and pads are like Marmite,but I really did NOT like these things.

The idea was to increase bite and reduce fade until I'd got a big brake kit fitted....they did neither.

Pagid are OE quality and come with a 25 month or 25,000 mile guarantee.

If you want slightly better then go for Textar.

Textar have been OE since 1913 and are the largest supplier of OE friction products worldwide.

If you want something to improve braking performance then you need to go for something like EBC braking products. Drilled discs and pads made from a harder material will reduce brake fade and improve performance. Pair that with some braided brake lines and better brake fluid and that will improve feel.

Be aware that performance pads can give off more brake dust and depending what type you go for can squeal too.

Hope that helps ;)

Try Nextdaybrakes.com for Brembo discs. I think they are still running 15% discount on disc and brakes.

Pagid are OE quality and come with a 25 month or 25,000 mile guarantee.

If you want slightly better then go for Textar.

Textar have been OE since 1913 and are the largest supplier of OE friction products worldwide.

If you want something to improve braking performance then you need to go for something like EBC braking products. Drilled discs and pads made from a harder material will reduce brake fade and improve performance. Pair that with some braided brake lines and better brake fluid and that will improve feel.

Be aware that performance pads can give off more brake dust and depending what type you go for can squeal too.

Hope that helps ;)

Actually TRW is OE, point of course look at any OE VAG pad set bought from the Dealer or TPS, they all are made by TRW, and have been for years

Reactions: davc
Im going for this combo i think Mtec disks which have proved to be good on our Civic Type R track car and have seen out 5 sets of pads have been totally abused and not warped ! if you look at my profile pic thats how hot we got them at Donnington Park :)

http://www.mtecbrakes.com/brake-discs/audi/s3-1999/s3-quattro11-06.html

I hear very good things about the Ferodo Pads

http://fr-rtuning-shop.co.uk/index.php?_a=product&product_id=1944

I think the link to the disks are about as cheap as you will get them but you might find a better deal on the pads ?

If your Pagid discs are squeeling it's PURELY down to fitting issues. They are an OE Manufacturer for Mercs etc and have to conform to a ridiculous amount of regulations.

To be a OE manufacturer you have literally no room for imperfections.

Not to mention Pagid are owned by TMD friction, as are Textar.

Facts not assumptions lads, if you're going to offer advice you need to be accurate!

If your Pagid discs are squeeling it's PURELY down to fitting issues. They are an OE Manufacturer for Mercs etc and have to conform to a ridiculous amount of regulations.

To be a OE manufacturer you have literally no room for imperfections.

Not to mention Pagid are owned by TMD friction, as are Textar.

Facts not assumptions lads, if you're going to offer advice you need to be accurate!

Now, not one to spread ideal rumors last summer we had from ECPs a memo informing us they had now bought Pagid and would be suppling Pagid as there mid road brand.

I will try and find the memo in the morning, because im sure im not getting old and losing my mind

Reactions: Sayam
Textar do use a different compound for the pads and have now started rolling out the 'ePad' which are unbelievable, but Pagid are still a very good premium brand.

25/25 Warranty speaks for itself really.

If money isn't an issue and you're looking for a good OEM setup, Pagid discs (geomet coated) and Textar ePad is unbeatable.

I'm an ECP employee and run the above set up on my own car. Ive been on a few TMD courses (as well as other competitors from past employment) and these are top of the pile quality wise, Mintex etc closely behind!

Now, not one to spread ideal rumors last summer we had from ECPs a memo informing us they had now bought Pagid and would be suppling Pagid as there mid road brand.

I will try and find the memo in the morning, because im sure im not getting old and losing my mind

it got the better of me, having spoken to my ECP rep (who is a long term friend) old age/memory loss has set in, the memo i was given stated that EPC were stocking Pagid and would use it as 'there' Brand when it comes to braking components, this memo was released in the build up to opening in Launceston (the area im in)

Misread/understood, i fully retract my statement above

No bother dude. You hear all sorts when I comes to car parts these days, only thing you can do is try a brand and if you have no issues, stick with it!

If you're after a good set of pads, I'd highly recommend the Textar ePad where possible!

I'm wanting drilled discs as pagid don't do them I ghink mtec will be my choice of disc think I'm still going down the red stuff pad route

here we are again ha ha I've settled on the discs the pads are giving me a headache

can anyone point me to a site where i can buy epc red stuff pads pack or a set for both wheels for cheap

or the best pads on euro car parts do

I'm totally lost with prices and pics and descriptions and sizes aswell..

ebcbrake shop on eBay are selling redstuff for £123.76 but doesn't say if its a a set for both wheels or just a set for one wheel and no description of size?

demon weeks are selling them at £63 a set so x 2 + vat and delivery about £158

on euro car parts ive seen Textar E-Pad Brake Pads at £61.20 it says per axel but the photos are of 4 pads???

and last but not least on euro car parts just Textar Brake Pads for £50.34 again photo of 4 but says per axel

I'm tempted by the textaer but dont know the difference between e-pad and normal

I'm basing the search on a 2006 golf v r32 as i have the same set up and seems to be easier to find that s3

You need 1 set of pads for the front axle.

Front axle meaning 4 pads, 2 pads for each caliper.

Every set of pads I've ever sold/bought have been a set of 4 which does the two calipers so EBC should be exactly the same.

ECP Part number for EBC Red Stuff pads is 929441721

Hope this helps.

You need 1 set of pads for the front axle.

Front axle meaning 4 pads, 2 pads for each caliper.

Every set of pads I've ever sold/bought have been a set of 4 which does the two calipers so EBC should be exactly the same.

ECP Part number for EBC Red Stuff pads is 929441721

Hope this helps.

Thanks the part niner I was looking at are ebcdp31594c I get they come as 4 now. However lost on price as some sell for £123 and there's £75.... and it's the eBay shops that seem to be more exspensive demon tweeks rrp is 85

Oh here I am wrong. Looks like the caliper is different to the S3. Try 929441381 ;)

It's OK thanks I've sorted it now along with starting a eBay price war ha ha

Turns out ebc have done 2 price drops but never told all the suppliers so they were orginally 123 then dropped to 100 demon tweeks done them for 85 now in sale they are 75 all for the same pads you can see my confusion hence why I thought I was only getting two pads and as a buyer was looking for the best price

Mtec drilled discs and m redstuff pads

These discs are massive when in your hands and weigh a fair bit going to get them on at the weekend
20150204 180613

Actually TRW is OE, point of course look at any OE VAG pad set bought from the Dealer or TPS, they all are made by TRW, and have been for years

True.

If you happen to know a parts person willing to give you a trade discount, they're not that much more expensive than ecp.

True.

If you happen to know a parts person willing to give you a trade discount, they're not that much more expensive than ecp.

Agreed, i own a VAG indy and tbh most brake parts are only a few quid more (TRW/TPS) we very rarely fit anything other than OE, but we do carry it on the shelf so it makes sense to use it

Reactions: davc
Agreed, i own a VAG indy and tbh most brake parts are only a few quid more (TRW/TPS) we very rarely fit anything other than OE, but we do carry it on the shelf so it makes sense to use it

Definitely worth going for OE on things like braking! Annoys me when people spend hundreds/thousands on modifying cars then try and save a few ££ skimping on one of the most important peoducts!

Definitely worth going for OE on things like braking! Annoys me when people spend hundreds/thousands on modifying cars then try and save a few ££ skimping on one of the most important peoducts!

Tyres aswell, we build a few forged 20vT engines spec'd to run between 3-400BHP yet when they need tyres some go for mid range budgets WTF, so you will spend a couple of grand on rods and a hybrid but wanna save £12 a tyre, yeah ok then :(

Well fitted discs and pads yesterday. heard the redstuff pads were noisey but so far I've not heard them same with the discs very pleased with them stopping power is great only issue is I fitted the discs back to front so the drilled holes face the wrong way when entering the caliper I'm not going through it all again so will keep them this way
20150208 134830
20150207 152952

so I'm needing discs and pads for the front the 345mm ones the garage are wanting to much of my ££'s to do

I'm going to change the fronts myself to save ££'s

the dilemma is what discs and pads ??

I've been quoted £98 per disc and £74 for 2 pads so just over £270 for the parts then labour on top takes me over £340 which I'm not wanting to pay as i need two tyres and 4 wheel alignment done as soon as I've done the discs

I've seen these http://www.ebay.co.u...ATTRO-TFSI-3-2-
tease.gif
-front-drilled-brake-discs-and-brembo-pads-345mm-/271740973842?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Car+Make%3AAudi%7CCars+Type%3AS3+quattro&hash=item3f45063312

any one used kinetix drilled discs and brembo pads?

I've heard about red stuff and yellow stuff pads as well any pointers?

Iv used them on my 8p s3 pretty decent are kinetix discs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk