Sportback Brake discs Conversion help!

DANRS3

Reaction score
Hi i want to put on brake discs that come with FL RS3 2017-> non waved on a pre FL 2015 which are waved what do i need to do before i go ahead and do the job on weekend ?

Basically look at it as a conversion remove the waved and fit non waved on a 2015 RS3 8V

Part number on waved are 8v0615301c
Part number on non waved are 8v0615301s

Cars done 50k and time has come to change front discs as they squeal like mad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi i want to put on brake discs that come with FL RS3 2017-> non waved on a pre FL 2015 which are waved what do i need to do before i go ahead and do the job on weekend ?

Basically look at it as a conversion remove the waved and fit non waved on a 2015 RS3 8V

Part number on waved are 8v0615301c
Part number on non waved are 8v0615301s

Cars done 50k and time has come to change front discs as they squeal like mad

I have new brake set up same as FL RS3 and they still squeal really bad. From why I read, you’re best changing the pads as the stock ones rattle in the callipers which causes the high pitch squeal. I might have explained that completely wrong. @Hal Adams explains it much better!!

I have new brake set up same as FL RS3 and they still squeal really bad. From why I read, you’re best changing the pads as the stock ones rattle in the callipers which causes the high pitch squeal. I might have explained that completely wrong. @Hal Adams explains it much better!!

I cant seem to find anything on forums about this

There is I am afraid no item more subjective than brakes. It was the same in the Mercedes chat rooms but more so here! I now keep off the subject for a quiet life!

Might I suggest that Dan, you spend some time googling some of the experts - Carroll Smith is one name who comes to mind, an eminent engineer in the design of cars, who explains all the brake issues. There are loads of other papers - from designers, maintainers and academics who decode all of the issues.

The bottom line from every designer is that squeal is down to pad compatibility in the caliper and feedback through the brake pedal, called warping by many, is pad incompatibility with disc.

Reactions: Sn00ten and D0C