Brake Discs and pads

jamieface

the only S3 in the villiage
Reaction score
Hi guys where can i get some OE quality brake dicsc and pads from for a decent price ????????????? Or am i better off getting uprated pads and OE discs or uprated discs and pads ????????
Its a mine field !!! Need your vast knowledge !! lol

up to you fella.....unless you feel the need for more stopping power, id go with OEM, but loads on here will disagree....

If your gonna stay OEM, find a cheap garage that will fit genuine Audi parts.... i used a few off the shelf discs on my old A3 and nothing compared to OEM.... i never went for performance bits like black diamond though

If your ever near Chesterfield i can recommend a really good cheap garage, the fella who owns it is ex Audi and seems to get parts cheaper than trade so will do full fitment at very competitive price

Fitted a set of Mintex Front Discs and Pads at the weekend (as per S3Steve) and they are spot on for £73.00 delivered you can't find cheaper or better.

I've got a set of Brembo OE Replacement's on my A3 at 288mm and they are very good, I found an improvement from the OEM ones.

Some companies on ebay are selling them cheap, for a 1.8 T front are 70 GBP and rear are 41 GBP and these are both Mintex pads and discs!

Have a scan around. The Mintex S3 Front pads and discs are £75 + delivery, the same ones for the TT are £65 + delivery and the ones for the Skoda VRS are £70 + delivery and they ARE ALL THE ****** SAME!!!

I just picked up today some 312mm ATE Powerdiscs. 52 quid each from EuroCarParts.

They stopped making them a while ago and I got one of the last sets. Woooohooo!

Seem them babies, NickBarnes07 got a set with his ATE big brake. Do look good, will be interest in your feedback comparing them to the BD ones