Brake Discs and Pads s4

Reaction score
Euro Car Parts who sell the OE PAgid brake discs and pads for my motor seem cheap at the moment...

Ive priced it up as:

Front set £191
Rears £166

As i know i will need some soon... thinking of getting some.
Is this a typical price for the parts does anyone know?

Cheers
Rich

5% extra off at the moment with Promo Code- EXTRA5
JG

Reactions: skiptowncat and trick971
Audi wanted £300 all in to replace my rear pads last week... and they're only 75% worn!

Personally, I won't be renewing with OEM pads as the squeal from them is totally unacceptable. I have some Mintex ones waiting to go on.. haven't got round to it yet from last year!!

Audi wanted £300 all in to replace my rear pads last week... and they're only 75% worn!

Personally, I won't be renewing with OEM pads as the squeal from them is totally unacceptable. I have some Mintex ones waiting to go on.. haven't got round to it yet from last year!!

benjie, you won't be disappointed with Mintex, I had them on my A4, lasted ages and no squeal, come to think of it they were on my car when I sold it. :icon thumright:
JG

Isn't your car 3 years old yet? Fixed price servicing on an S4 should be £145 all in... Some dealers seem to need a lot of prompting!

JG51 - Good to hear, I had a bit conversation on here last year with a really helpful member who put me onto them.

silentbrown - my car's 6 years old, brakes aren't included in the servicing. Though they say £269 on the website, so where's the extra £30 come from I wonder?

silentbrown - my car's 6 years old, brakes aren't included in the servicing. Though they say £269 on the website, so where's the extra £30 come from I wonder?
I didn't phrase that very well - I didn;t mean the service plans for 3-5 year cars, but the Fixed Price maintenance for > 3 years old.
Clicky : https://www.audi.co.uk/owners-area/servicing-maintenance-mot/fixed-price-services.html

Click on "Over 2 litres" and you'll see rear PADS replacement for £145. Pads and discs on an A4 would be £275.

Brake squeal is usually a fitting problem, not the pads themselves. But dust levels can certainly vary between makes.

Ah right I see, thanks, just seen it now. Not a bad price really.

I've had the pads off and on several times with varying amounts of grease, shims and grinding (can't remember the name of the process - flattening out the right angles). by all accounts, brake squeal is common on S3/4/5, TTS and a few others.

Fitted some vented brembos last month front discs and pads £160

No squeal and brakes well but will need see long term

Last edited:
I would go for some redstuff pads. A lot less dust than OE, and better performance.I use them on the front of mine which has s4 brakes on and find them great. will be fitting red stuff on the back when I replace the rear discs.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/EBC-FRONT-REDSTUFF-BRAKE-PADS-DP31986C-/391074338440?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item5b0dd8d688

I used these discs when I replaced the fronts. Works out at £60 for a front pair so around £163 for pagid front discs and red stuff pads.

Karl

Just ordered a set of Redstuff pads for my S5 front brakes, still to be retro fitted after warranty runs out in May, but I can't seem to find rear Redstuff pads for my original 2012 A5 2.0tdi brakes. I've been on Redstuff website but no joy. Do they only supply for S models?

By the way, got these for £98 using EXTRA5 code from Europarts. :thumbs up:
Any links Karl?
JG

I never knew Eurocarparts stocked EBC stuff.
Anyway I always look at Carpartsforless as thay are the internet version of ECP.
They always tend to be cheaper. They have £15 off if you spend over £100.
So front redstuff pads from there are £88.84 , bit of a bargain price.

www.carparts4less.co.uk/search/929441931/

Upload 2015 3 28 12 15 47

There is 10% off all performance parts on cp fo less but that code doesn't give as much discount.
For some strange reason they only do yellowstuff pads for the rear on ECP and car parts for less.

As for the rears the part number is DP31988C, I believe.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/EBC-REDST...238?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item19f5e85056

Karl.

Reactions: RS5 JON
Cheers Karl, I'll be looking at carpartsforless in future, Europarts didn't supply Redstuff rears either, so thanks for the link above. As always appreciate your help mate.
JG

I have front and rear Red stuff pads and pagid discs sitting in my garage waiting for the weather to improve so I can fit them... worked out to about £340 including the rear fitting kit from ECP. Is anyone using a battery charger while replacing the rear pads?