Brake discs and pads advice

iLikefishing

My S1 will be needing new discs and pads all round next service, anybody used none Audi parts, maybe upgraded stuff ? Been told ATE are good, up to now I have only used genuine parts but am wandering if their are better alternatives.

Retroman

Audi A3 2010 Sportback 2.0 TDI 170 (CBBB engine)
ATE are a top premium brand and will be as good, if not better, that the Audi OE ones.

45bvtc

The Older I Get The Better I Was
Supporter
Gold Supporter

My S1 will be needing new discs and pads all round next service, anybody used none Audi parts, maybe upgraded stuff ? Been told ATE are good, up to now I have only used genuine parts but am wandering if their are better alternatives.

See: https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/ferodo-eco-friction-green-brake-pads-for-the-8p-rs3.397139/

"I reviewed available reports and having been convinced put a set of these Ferodo Eco-Friction Green brake pads on our recently purchased SQ5 (@ 2500kg) and was immediately impressed with their performance; great low speed 'bite' with low noise and very low dust - as good if not lower than EBC Redstuff that I have used and recommended for some time for the 8P RS3, however...

See Ferodo Eco-Friction Green brake pads: https://www.ferodo.co.uk/products/light-vehicles/eco-friction-brake-pads.html

"Already fitted as Original Equipment on Mercedes-Benz C-Class since March 2014 and Audi A4 since September 2015"

So impressed I'm now running these Ferodo Eco-Friction Green brake pads on our 8P RS3, and 8J TT, too."

15-months on from wiriting the above report I am still mega happy with the brakes and braking of ALL three cars - and I've since fitted Ferodo Eco-Friction Green brake pads to a few other cars too including my old 185bhp A1

100% recommended

45bvtc

The Older I Get The Better I Was
Supporter
Gold Supporter
Cheers 45bvtc :thumbs up:

With the RS3 the OEM pads worked fine but with excessive brake dust. I was a great advocate of EBC Redstuff but found they lost their bite at around 50% worn, very low on the brake dust mind. The Ferodo Eco-Friction Green brake pads do have more brake dust than EBC but way less than OEM but the bite in both low speed and high speed - for me - is superb.

For the TT the OEM pads were fine but dusty. The TT did NOT like the EBC pads, period. Again the Ferodo Eco-Friction Green brake pads are superb.

And with our SQ5 while we had short experience with the OEM pads they were for sure dusty but the Ferodo Eco-Friction Green brake pads are ace!

Our RS3 after a quick run earlier today with almost zero brake dust:

RS3 UTTOXETER #2.JPG