Brake disc part numbers and fitment confirmation

Monkeychops

Reaction score
I know there’s loads of threads on here and other forums about the brakes on the RS3, but what I’ve struggled to find is a complete, concise, list of parts and also what fits what.

For instance on the PFL it comes with the ‘wavy’ discs (part number 8V0615301C), but do any of the non wavy later discs fit the PFL like part number 8V0615301R? And isn’t there a 8V0615301P as well?

Would guess sharing discs between PFL and FL sport backs is ok, but do the saloon disks for or are they different?

Similarly for front pads at least, is there a simple list anywhere that anyone has that just simply lists out all the options and the part numbers?

Would make things nice and easy as it’s about of a pain diving through a million threads on this to try and find the right part numbers, any contact details/suppliers of particular sets of pads!

If not, then just a simple answer of will a pair of 8V0615301R discs fit on a PFL sportback?

Thanks!

Last edited:
There are 3 discs on these FL models i dont know why can some explains please

Here are the part numbers i have come across

8V0615301S
8V0615301R
8V0615301P

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah would be cool to just have a list of all four disc part numbers and some confirmation of what fits what :)

I know the official answer on the PFL is usually just the wavy discs (when people to a check based on VIN/reg), but I believe some of the others fit fine, just don’t know which.

Wavy are discontinued now by Audi & so the FL ones fit. Not sure on part numbers but for the price I’d be going Reyland or Revo Alcon

Be nice to get confirmation of the part nos and what fits what though, be a good reference to have up here.

Discs pop up on eBay regularly at decent prices, there’s a set on there now for £315 for instance.

My saloon has 8V0 615 301 R front discs.

Ive done an excel sheet with a few brake part numbers but it wont upload, so Ive attached a .pdf version. Only my own info so cant promise its all accurate.View attachment Brakes.pdf

Yeah read through that thread many a time, what I'm saying here is wouldn't it be nice to have a single post that just has all the info in :)

Plus that thread still isn't clear on all the part nos and their fitments.

There's talk of people replacing the wavy discs on the PFL with 'normal' round ones, but don't mention which part number.

Thought this would've been easy ;)

Last edited:
Yeah read through that thread many a time, what I'm saying here is wouldn't it be nice to have a single post that just has all the info in :)

Plus that thread still isn't clear on all the part nos and their fitments.

There's talk of people replacing the wavy discs on the PFL with 'normal' round ones, but don't mention which part number.

Thought this would've been easy ;)

Just call Tom fox at Crewe Audi parts, give him your ref number and you will get sorted out with the correct part numbers for your car

I do have the ‘correct’ part number for my car from them already, and was told it’s the ‘wavy’ discs.

The point was I know others have fitted the non wavy later discs on the PFL, and some say that Audi themselves have fitted them and that the wavy discs have been discontinued, so was wanting to know what other discs also fitted.

But seems to be a dark art where no one can definitively say which of the various different front brake parts will fit.

In particular I was wanting to know if the part 8V0615301R would fit a PFL as had a feeling that FL Sportback discs would fit, but not the saloon.

Well I can tell you the R does NOT fit.

I emailed Audi parts direct tonight which have a set of these on Ebay for £310 so was going to snap them up but he emailed back stating that I need the C ones (wavy).

Iv'e now emailed Crewe Audi asking again to clarify so I'll update this thread once I receive a response.

If going on what dealers say then surely they’ll only be saying it’s the C part that fits, as that’s the official part for that model?

But I’d think that the Sportback FL discs would fit a PFL, and there are references on here to people fitting non wavy discs, just seems more difficult than string theory to get an answer from anyone ;)

And sadly the ‘other’ forum doesn’t seem to have things setup right account/permissions wise, I’ve tried signing up there a number of times but can’t seem to get an account, and the sportback area of the forum seems to have permissions that deny public access (even though the rest of the forums are freely accessible). So frustrating.

If going on what dealers say then surely they’ll only be saying it’s the C part that fits, as that’s the official part for that model?

But I’d think that the Sportback FL discs would fit a PFL, and there are references on here to people fitting non wavy discs, just seems more difficult than string theory to get an answer from anyone ;)

And sadly the ‘other’ forum doesn’t seem to have things setup right account/permissions wise, I’ve tried signing up there a number of times but can’t seem to get an account, and the sportback area of the forum seems to have permissions that deny public access (even though the rest of the forums are freely accessible). So frustrating.

Right Iv'e spent some time digging through posts on the other forum and there is a thread with info from T-800 (who has now left the forums but knew his stuff) and he confirmed to the OP the part number is - 8V0615301S.

This is the FL disc that will go onto the PFL, I'm happy that is accurate so will be looking to source some of these for mine if I can get a good price on them.

The different part numbers for RS3 discs is due to Audi scrapping the wavies and changing specs for the FL saloon.

Much as I think Audi technical is pretty useless, I defend them in saying only the C variant is good for the car in question as they cannot go against the design parameters for obvious reasons. As the parameters state C, then that is it!

A lot of mystique is attached to brake discs as they are generally quoted by just a part number, or if lucky a diameter and thickness. Neither is much good if one is trying to source. There should be a convention where discs are quoted with diameter, thickness, PCD and offset. With these one could run down a list and tick everything suitable. But even with this convention it would break down as the are different interpretations of offset - is it from inside face of bell to inside face of disc or outside face of disc:sadlike: I called Tarox the other day looking for a disc with a 55mm offset - the chap there insisted that offset was from the outside face of the bell to the inside face of the disc. I could not convince him that this is wrong as there is no specified thickness of bell faces and manufacturers are free to select a thickness for the application. He would not have it:shrug:. I then went to Brembo:icon thumright:

Hi,

I didn't want to start a new topic.. can anyone confirm if 8V0615301S will fit the pfl?

(I have a voucher for Audi and need new discs otherwise I would have bought Reyland discs)

Thank you
Vik