Brake Calipers...where did you buy yours..

A3Tom

Smell my finger.
Reaction score
Right my brakes are finally getting upgraded at the end of the month as I have the bigger discs and carriers waiting.

My front left caliper is...well...******** so I need to change it. I'll do them in pairs as thats the right thing to do so I was wondering where anyone who's had to get any recently got them from.

I could do Euro/GSF etc but wondering if anyone has any other suggestions. Cars going to be getting braided lines and new fluid at the same time as my brakes are pants at the moment.

Ta

T

Disks and pads need to be done in pairs Tom, calipers not required to be changed in pairs. They are not difficult to source used mate, as most Golf4's, Audi A3/A4/A6 and VW PAssat's etc around the same year all use the same calipers!

yea, don't buy new Tom!

Get searching on all the golf and seat forums and get one super cheap. I wouldn't expect to pay more than £20

If your buying new try Motor Parts Direct (MPD). They sell brake engineering calipers. There a good make and would prob have in stock. Euros are ok for cheap prices but their products aren't as good.

I've got AP Racing set up on mine bit more than you're prob looking to spend though..

Awesome brake kit though...

Not looking to spend any big money so I'm just staying stock.

Managed to source a pair off a low miles new beetle that got rear ended from the scrap yard that do our recovery at work. The Bugs the same year as my A3, the part numbers match and the cars only done 42K miles so happy days :)

The lads up there are going to whip them off for me on Monday so I'll pick them up next week and give them a good clean up and a paint before fitting :)

Total cost...1 x packet of chocolate hobnobs for the lads taking them off :)

T

We give them a lot of business as they store cars for us after we lift them so we make them a fair amount of cash. They have a scrap yard there so they're quite handy for bits if you know what you want :)

I'm going to replace the pair purely so I can clean up the ones I'm getting and get them all nice and painted and then fit them both at the same time :)

Was thinking about what colour to do them but I keep going back to satin black to keep it looking subtle.

T