Brake bleeding

rowdyboy

Reaction score
While changing my front pads today, I found a brake line corroded. I replaced it but now I have minimal braking, the pedal goes to the floor. I've bled the system several times but still nothing!!!
Any ideas???

It's how I've always done it on other cars. I just wondered if there was something different on Audis.

Whats the gravity way?

Take the cap off the reservoir, then open the nipple and wait for the fluid to come out and keep topping up the reservoir I've done that on my A4 before, but I always use the Eezibleed system for the last few years.

I phone the garage!

Both are valid methods of bleeding the system. To make it easier u should clamp the flexi hose then remove a brake pipe then fit the new one and tighten up then slacken off to bleed. As for cracking the reservoir. Impossible to do these days there built to take maximum pressure under foot.

reservoir don't take any pressure under braking, it's just there to hold extra brake fluid. To much pressure on the gunson kit and they will break.

I phone the garage!

I'm im too tight for that!!!

Anyway, all sorted now, I think the constant pressure of the Gunson kit forced the last of the air out that pressing the brake just couldn't do.
Cheers.

Reactions: jdp1962
Have you bled them in the correct order also did you have the peddle pressed down while the bleed nipple was tightened.

The point of my post was that I don't bleed my brakes. I get someone who knows what they're doing to bleed them. So I'm guessing you didn't intend to quote me.