Brake advice

andyt99

Reaction score
The brakes on my 2000 S4 are pretty worn so I'm looking to replace the discs and pads all round. Since brake fade has always annoyed me, I've figured that I'll get some Red Stuff pads, but I'm not sure about the discs. Should I just stick with stock discs, or do the different pads require different discs to be effective, and if so what am I looking for? For various reasons, including vanity, I wouldn't mind drilled discs though. I'd kinda picked out EBC TGD, but they only do front discs. Is there another brand of drilled discs that people tend to use?

Also, should I be worried about the prospect of improving the front brakes more than the rear? Would I then be prone to the back end flipping past me under heavy braking?

Thanks for any help!

andyt

Don't worry about the back brakes. I have a modified S4 with AP Racing disks and callipers for the front and A8 brakes in the back. If you have the dinero to spend on something interesting on your car, I strongly suggest upgrading your front brakes! There are many things that you could install on your S4 (Porsche brakes, brembo, AP racing...).

G

I fitted Black Diamond rear disks. You can get x drilled / grooved or both. They cost less than stock disks and look the dogs kahoona's.

Gaz /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

If you dont want to spend the money on a caliper upgrade i would recomend brembo or zimmerman cross drilled rotors with some nice hawk or ebc pads

JUST A QUESTION IS THAT YOUR CAR IN THE PIC WITH YOUR POST AND IF IT IS,I NOTICED THE LOWERS ARE PAINTED,WAS IT COSTLY AND DOSE IT CHIP AT ALL.I JUST BOUGHT A 2001 A4 AND WANTED TO DO THE SAME TO MINE.THANK YOU