Braided brake lines

Mick H

Reaction score
Ok so wanting some braided brake lines for my car (3.0tdi Quattro convertible 2008) Everwhere lists every other model up to 2007 except the cab. Is this because the b8 started in 2008 but the cab continued in b7 format until its demise ? I’m thinking that 2007 avant Quattro will be the same but hoping one of you guys can confirm that before I buy.
Thanks
Brilliant site by the way very helpful loads of great threads and very informative. Slightly jealous of some of the cars though !!!

A b7 cab is a B7 platform even if its a 2008 year , not a B8 platform.

If you check the parts ref section it will show you year/model info that will clarify things.

rob

I'll make things easy for you tonight then chap, just order them for a 2006 or 2007 year model , avant saloon or cab .

My Avant is an '08 plate.
I always put it down as an '07 model year when ordering parts as it saves confusion with a B8 model.

Reactions: tr7 and Charlie Farley
Rob thank you. Just finished looking at the parts section (first time). That’s a god send, had just figured they are the same but all the same thankyou

Reactions: Charlie Farley
The parts database is a very handy tool indeedy:icon thumright:, just a shame more owners don't use it more often as it does save a lot of mistakes further down the line that could have been avoided.
As with 99.9% of things with B7's well most audi's really , ownership is a continuous learning curve on many fronts.:yes:

Are you doing all 4 corners or just fronts?

Eitherway braided hoses are a good upgrade over std items, they won't increase stopping power much but will certainly improve pedal feel and initial bite depending on what caliper / disc setup your cab has at present.

Doing all four corners, new mtec disc’s, red stuff pads, braided hoses, 19” rotors, new tyres

I did my front ones on my dtm b7, and the pedal feeling is a bit better. The rear ones i could't get the bolt open so i left them alone. Will swap rear next year i guess. But a good upgrade mod if u ask me

Just recd my new brake lines today, really nice. Just one question the rear ones have a banjo fitting to the calliper as opposed to the flat square type on the genuine ones. Is this normal and ok ? Or have they sent wrong ones ?
Thanks